eleven

lea | alec

lea | alec

TO SAY that Lea is surprised would be an understatement.

Her palm crawls to her mouth, closing it in shock. The entirety of her body consumed by shock. Her eyes draw open but she flutters them close instantly allowing her to sink into a puddle of thoughts. She wastes no time transferring her doubts into words by punching her fingers on the keyboard.

your brother? but, he doesn't have your last name. that makes no sense.

he's adopted. and, yes. most of the people would change their last names after being adopted but he wanted to have his.

why am i knowing only now that you have a brother? and, why didn't you know that people call him bash?

oh god, my mind is a mess of thoughts.

lea, i'm just as surprised as you are. first things first, he doesn't own a phone.

This is too much information to process in a few minutes.

what? who doesn't own a phone these days?

he's different, lea. he never really felt the need to own one, maybe? that is why he gave you my number. that guy really liked you.

i still cannot believe it. how didn't you know that he went by the name bash?

i call him seb. the thing is, we don't talk much. it's not like we don't go together. i love him. but, he's always been kind of been insecure about himself because he's different.

Her head nods as she processes his words. Why Bash seemed peculiar to her all along makes sense to her now.

he visits us once a week. he was with us even yesterday but i really don't know why he didn't tell me that he was waiting for you to call. oh god, this is driving me crazy.

i don't mean to be rude, but bash seems strange.

there's only one thing you can do right now.

what?

talk to him.

She doesn't have to be told otherwise.

•••

The air around her starts to grow warm as she unveils the coat from her body. The overwhelming scent of coffee stings in her nostrils as her eyes roam around the bare-bricked walls where hipster quotes about coffee and love are hung.