Chapter VI

Luretica

My eyes widened the moment he walked in and I quickly tried to hide. The couch is a tremendous help in the mission of not getting seen. I hid behind it and squeezed myself further down to the floor. My friends look weird at me not understanding my sudden reaction.

I tried to communicate with them using my maiming skill, however, I was terrible. I put my finger against my mouth sign as in "Keep quiet". They nodded. I pointed at my back where my mate is standing, then I pointed at myself. They clearly do not understand.

"Point at your neck" Amy suggested.

I pointed at my mate again and then at my neck where my mark would be. They looked at me with widened eyes and gasped. Some people turned around to look where the sudden reaction sound came from.

I cursed inside me. Jasmine hurried by my side taking my hands into her and making me look into her eyes. She whispered, "are you sure?" sounding nervous and scared. I nodded my head.

She looked at me as if I killed her family. Looked away from her and at Lily and Harper seeing they had the same reaction. Why? What do they know?

Harper moved closer to me seeing my confusion. She hugged me on the side before whispering something into Jasmine's ear. While they were talking Lily sat beside me holding my hands as suggested in comfort. I ask Lily what they knew, but she did not answer. She looked towards where Jasmine and Harper were whispering and waving their hands in progress.

After a few minutes, Jasmine and Harper shook hands before crawling over. We all sat behind the couch holding hands with me in the middle. Lily to my left, Jasmine and Harper to the right. They gave each other looks before nodding and looking at me. Jasmine opens her mouth and words came out. I am shocked. Ironic how five words and twenty-three letters can change your life.

"A-are y-you s-sure?" I stutter out of fear. I remember the bedtime stories and rumours about him. She looked at me with sad eyes before nodding. I keep hearing her voice and words in my head repeatedly.

"Your mate is Alpha Thanatos"

Before I could say anything else, I hear a dark and husky voice start to talk. The whole room went silent listening to this man. "My name is Elijah Stone and I am the beta of Moon Knight Pack. The Alpha of Moon Knight Pack, Alpha Thanatos." Sadly, he just confirmed what Jasmine said. He is my mate.

That explains why he did not say his name when I asked.

Is he going to reject me? I guess being a god means you don't need a mate. A normal Alpha would need his Luna to become stronger. But, he was no normal werewolf.

"Every king needs his queen" Amy added, but I shut her out.

I shoved the thoughts aside and focus on what Beta Elijah said. "The mating game will continue the rest of the nig-" He is interrupted by multiple females shouting with anger. He growled making everyone quiet before talking again.

"If you do not find your mate you will go home. Those who find their mate will follow their mate to their pack. Now, the males will enter within an hour" He finishes. I could hear him walkway from where he stood before another footstep came forward.

"Mate" Amy purred wiggling her tail enjoying his smell. Forest, husky and honey.

My friend looked at me when he stepped forward. Jasmine tightens her hands with mine before whispering in my ear, saying "We have a plan" I stared at her not knowing what to say.

Should I run away? He didn't want me anyway. "Do not run away again!" Amy hissed at me angry at the idea.

"I do not have any other choice, Amy! He does not want us!" I hissed back at her. Knowing she is angry with the fact that our mate does not want us, this is our only chance to escape. I nodded to Jasmine agreeing with her and she whispered her plans to me.