Chapter 26: Words Over the Microphone

"What's your names?" Sunny whispered as we followed the two girls.

Breathing heavily, one of the girls glanced at us. "Shanaya," she panted.

The other girl kept walking, not once looking back. "Anita."

Shanaya and Anita stopped in front of the principles office.  Whatever Sunny was up to, I knew it wasn't going to be good. I did my best to see where this could be heading, but I couldn't tell. I thought Sunny would be smart about this, not make me look like a jerk. "Check and see if anyone is inside," Sunny ordered.

"No one's inside," Shanaya said. By the way her chest was moving up and down, I could tell she was nervous. I saw Sunny smiling at her, proud of what she was doing. I wasn't proud at all. I was scared.

"Can we go now?" Anita asked, darting her eyes around and making sure the principal or anyone was coming.

Sunny placed her hands on Anita and Shanaya's neck, pushing them towards the principal door. All three, scratch that, four of us quickly walked inside. Sunny faced the window, but I saw something below that. The microphone. I could almost feel Sunny use my lips to smile. With force, she pushed the girls towards the desk then placed them in front of the microphone.

"You both look scared," Sunny put her hands on the desk in front of them. "It's funny how the two bullies are shaking in their boots."

"You broke Megan's hand," Anita choked on her words, finding it hard to look at me. "You're-"

Sunny laughed abruptly. "Boo hoo, I broke her hand. Look at you both, following Megan like two robots. Now you're going to follow me, and do as I say from now."

"What?" Shanaya shot her head up. "We don't want any trouble. You don't understand, I'm on the swim team and-"

"And you're about to get kicked off," Sunny said. "Turn on the microphone. I want you to tell the school the most horrible things you know about Megan." After locking the door, she went to the girls again and slowly wrapped her hands around the back of their necks. 

"Please don't kill us," Anita pleaded.

I was thinking the same thing as Anita. Please don't kill them. "I won't kill you," Sunny said. "I want every word to flow from your mouths like water out of a faucet.  If you pause for one moment, I will know you're lying. Go," Sunny pressed the speaker button.

Anita took a deep breath as Sunny pushed her head towards the microphone. "Megan Vose-" Sunny took her finger off the button, shaking her head.

"We need an intro," she placed her finger on her chin. "You all know Megan Vose. You love her you hate her, but here's why you don't have to be afraid of her. Say that."

Before pressing the button, Anita looked at us. "Why are you doing this?"

Sunny frowned, giving Anita a dark look. "Because I'm sick to my stomach of seeing people admire the ignorant," she pressed the buttoned. "Go," Sunny mouthed.

Anita cleared her throat. "Megan Vose is not who you think she is. Megan is a liar, cheater, and not a good friend. She-"

Shanaya's head was pushed towards the microphone. "Megan Vose has spread rumors about her friends. All of them. Including us. However, she's threatened that if we ever left her she'd tell our darkest secrets."

Anita's head was pushed again. "Megan Vose's mom is addicted to drugs and Megan tries them with her. Megan has brought weed to school and once placed it in a teacher's desk. Ms. Bamlin, she was fired because of that."

"Also," Shanaya said. "Megan told this girl, Rose or someone to pretend to like this guy. She told him stuff, then her stuff that wasn't true. She made them fight and told the school lies about him and his family. That kid, Robert I think his name was that kid who killed himself a few years ago."

Sunny removed her hands off the button and off of one of the girls. There was a loud knock on the door then some yelling. "Open up! Right now. Whoever is in there will face suspension if this door doesn't open in five seconds."

Without warning, I felt that uncomfortable pressure of Sunny breaking out of my body. I took a deep breath, over and over again. My breathing felt as if I was doing it for the first time. With wide eyes, I looked up at Sunny. Thick veins in her face were showing, but fading as she breathed. Anita and Shanaya looked at me, but it was evident that they couldn't see Sunny.

"Sunny," I breathed out. "Make me invisible."

Too my darkest surprise, Sunny waved her hand at me. "See you at home," she frowned at me before disappearing.

In less than a second, everything happened at once. The door was kicked open, Anita and Shanaya stared at me, and Megan stood behind a teacher wearing a cast around her hand. At that moment everyone shared the same glare. All eyes were on me. Even though Sunny tried her best to make Megan look bad for me, I was still the one everyone focused on.

"This has to stop," the principle jogged over to the microphone and unplugged it. "What is the matter with you and your family. First that guy and now you. I need to speak to your parents. Can your mother or father see me this week?" 

Looking at the ground, highly disappointed, I nodded my head. "Yes," I said. "My dad can."

"Tell him to call me," he said. "I can't keep this up in my school. Get out."

I walked out of the room, past Megan. Anita and Shanaya ran to her, hugging her. "We're so sorry. She made us do," Shanaya said, "We-"

"Hey, Megan!" A random person called out in the hallway. "How do you sleep a night? Robert Parker was my best friend before you killed him."

More people gathered around. "Disgusting. I bet she still brings drugs to school."

"Got any weed!" Someone yelled out. 

I heard footsteps, and soon enough Megan ran past me, crying. Anita and Shanaya ran behind her too. For a second I thought everyone had forgotten about me and all the bad things, but I was wrong. "Where you heading, freak? To the Suicide Children?" Some girl called out. That feeling, the feeling where you thought you did the right thing, but it turned out wrong, crushed me. My heart felt like someone was pulling it down and out of my foot. I couldn't even move, and that's how bad it was. I made everything a lot worse, just like Amber said I would.

...

*Sorry I haven't updated in so long guys. I had to take a break from writing because of my hand injuries. Thank you all for waiting. I'm back now :)*