twenty-eight

(a/n: im gonna stop saying 'miya's p.o.v' bc its always her p.o.v tbh)

"Smells good," Kate cheered, walking into the kitchen with Rosaline and Lip.

"Thanks," I forced a smile even though I wasn't feeling too cheery at all.

"Why'd you want to have this family dinner again," Lip asked, setting Rosaline down in her bouncey chair.

"Uh, we haven't had one since Carl announced he was leaving. It's been awhile, you know," I lied. Lip looked at me funny and part of me believed that maybe he knew I was lying. Maybe he knows what's wrong with me after all and is just waiting for me to confess before he says anything about it.

"You doing okay," Kate asked me. She must've noticed I was in deep thought. I have been all day long. "You seem down."

"No, I'm fine. I still don't feel too well," I lied again. Fuck, I hate lying.

"You sure you still wanna have this dinner," she asked.

"Yeah, maybe if I eat something I'll start to feel a little better," I forced another smile, then got back to cooking.

•••

I finished cooking dinner around 6:30 pm, which is when everyone started showing up. Fiona, Debbie, Franny, Carl, and Liam showed up, but, no Ian. It made me a little sad not seeing him. Kev and Vee followed in right after. Once everyone was sitting, Carl and I started setting the food down at the table.

"So, have you thought about what we're going to say to them," Carl whispered to me once we got back into the kitchen where the food was and away from everyone else.

"No," I answered truthfully. I've been thinking more about their reactions.

"Miya," he whisper yelled at me.

"Look, you can't just leave me to all the decision making. We're in this together," I stated, grabbing the salad and dressing and walking back to the table where everyone was at.

I forced a smile as I set the salad down and sat myself down in a seat next to Debbie and Franny. Carl followed, sitting down next to me and everyone began to dig in.

"Hey Mi, thank for inviting us all to dinner," Fiona said. "We haven't done this in such a long time."

"Yeah, no problem," I told her, again forcing a smile. I made myself a plate and ate everything on my plate quicker than anyone else.

"Wow, Miya," Kev said. "You hungry?" He laughed and I let out a small chuckle.

"Haven't eaten all day," I told him, making myself another plate.

Soon enough, everyone was just about done eating. I know Carl wanted to tell everyone the news as soon as possible. I, however, wanted to hold it off as much as I could.

"Everyone," Carl stood up and grabbed everyone's attention. "Miya and I have an announcement to make." God, he's making it look like we're getting married or something.

"You're not getting married are you," Kev yelled out. Everyone sent him a weird look and he shrugged. "You never know with these two." I let out a light chuckle and scratched the back of my neck. My heart began to race and my stomach began to twirl. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea.

"Uh, no. Not yet atleast," Carl said. "But, Miya is pregnant." Right as that last word left his mouth, everything went silent. Everything. I felt all eyes on me.

"What," Fiona asked, breaking the silence. "Well, are you keeping it?"

"I don't-" Carl interrupted me.