09

...

"yoongi asked me out on a date!" jimin squeals into his pillow an hour later. he paid no attention to taehyung and jungkook who both had their own anger to deal with.

when jimin came home, he ignored his father calling his name and zoomed himself upstairs. it was monday night and over the course of the weekend, he's spent more time at jungkook's home more than his.

although, he didn't care. he had a growing crush on the older. he felt the butterflies swarm in his stomach and the teeth biting down on his bottom lip.

after jimin stopped squealing into his pillow, he lifted his head briskly. he smiled and touched his lips that still had the lingering tingle sensation from the soft lips that belonged to the elder.

"min yoongi asked me out on a date for tomorrow," he screamed back into his pillow.

"jimin? are you alright?" his mother softly knocked on the door. she opened it softly and walked in to see her son kicking his legs onto the bed due to excitement. "do i need to get a doctor?" she giggled.

he gasped and looked over at her. he held a hand over his heart, "you startled me!" he said as he sat up on his bed. he criss-crossed his legs and she sat on the edge.

"so," she started out, "wanna tell me why you just had a fangirl moment?" she smiled at her son.

jimin fiddled with his thumbs and looked down at them. he smiled and bit his lip, "you trust me right?" he asks, sheepishly looking the other way.

"of course! you're my star son," she pinched his cheeks.

he swatted her hand away and she chuckled. "for starters, i'm your only son. and i meant with, uh," he leaned forward before continuing, "boys?" he whispered.

she looked at him perplexed before a giant genuine smile and chuckle fell from her mouth. "why wouldn't i trust you? you're nearly eighteen! you can go do all the boys you want! just study afterwards," she nodded.

jimin covered his hand over his mouth as he started chuckling. "i always do my homework," he says. he cleared his throat. "but that's not what i mean—well it is but not particularly."

she raised her brows, "then what is it?"

"i got asked out on a date tomorrow," he pursed his lips.

"well that's nice, honey, but don't you have soccer practice tomorrow?"

he hummed and nodded. "but i was hoping you'd let me skip?" he says, making his voice go higher at the end.