Christmas ; Karasuno Team/ Yamaguchi X Reader

It all started with a text message.

An accidental text message at that.

On Christmas Day of 2014 you had gotten a text message from a number you had never seen before.

"Hey! Are you coming to the New Years Eve party at my place next week?!"

Completely confused, you simply replied with a question mark.

"My family is having a New Years Eve Party next week, I told you about it earlier! Weren't you listening?!"

"Uhh... sorry! I think you have the wrong number heh."

"This isn't Kageyama?"

"No, sorry!"

"Oh, bye then!"

Long story short, that wasn't the last you heard from who you later learned was named Hinata. He had ended up messaging you a couple of days later out of boredom.

Turns out, the two of you had gotten along pretty well. Hinata had even introduced you to Kageyama a couple weeks after you had met. Resulting in you having a close friendship with Hinata and Kageyama for about 2 and a half years. But by the time late 2016 hit, Hinata and Kageyama were transferring into their first year of high school. And of course, Hinata just had to introduce you to his entire team plus his two managers.

Over the course of the month you had met his team, you all had gotten extremely close. Even with Tsukishima, and you know how he is most of the time.

By the beginning of 2017 the 14 of you had all become a large group of close friends. You strictly video chatted every Monday and Friday, and even though the time gap between you and the team was large, you managed to make everything work.

And now, it's reaching the end of 2017. The team is definitely getting restless. You can tell by their actions. They're anxious and saddened at the fact that you can't visit them, and you can only stick to video chatting.

Christmas time was coming soon, and the boys never failed to mention that the only present they wished for, was a personal visit from you.

And that was the last straw.

You bought plane tickets to Japan in a heartbeat.

Your plane was due to land in Japan at 5:00 am Christmas morning.

Considering Christmas was on a Monday this year, you had still promised to video chat then. And Hinata being the little excited teenager he is, insisted that you all video chat together at 6:00 am strictly, right when they opened their gifts. Everyone agreed, wanting it to feel as if you were there with them, celebrating their favorite holiday.

•••

Your boot clad feet crunch in the snow, as your hair whirls around your flushed cheeks in the chilly Christmas air. You roll your luggage filled with your clothes, as well as gifts and snacks behind you.

You walk towards a small park near Hinata's house, where the small Christmas gathering is supposed to be held.

You make sure to distance yourself far enough from his house, and disguise your surroundings so it's not noticeable that you're in Japan.

It is a surprise after all.

It's 6:00 am and as expected, Hinata's face pops up on your phone screen, signaling that he's calling.