Chapter 34

Early update cuz why the fudge not

Warnings: Blood, mentions of death, feels

     ~Jerome's P.O.V.~

My stomach drops when I see the charged creeper loom over Rob, helpless on the ground. It's starts to flash, and I debate backing away from the door and looking away. But my eyes are glued to the scene, just barely visible through the pouring sheets of rain and the darkness of the night. I've been relaying everything that's been happening to Mitch, Lachlan, and Vikk who all stand crying behind me, because I can better than they can in the dark. But now, I fall silent, tears dampening my fur as I'm about to witness one of my best friends die, and not being able to do anything about it.

"Jerome, Jerome w-what's happening?" Lachlan chokes out, eyes red and puffy and tears streaming down his face.
"...The charged creeper... It's going to explo-hold on a second..."

My eyes widen as suddenly, in the very moment the creeper is about to explode, an arrow sticks into the back of its skull and it falls to the ground limply, it's charge falling away.

"It's... The charged creeper... Something shot it!" I exclaim, pressing my face closer to the cross-bared window, squinting my eyes to see.

Suddenly, a gigantic both of lightning-bigger than any I've seen yet-lights up the night in a dazzling gleam. And it's in that half a second the flash lasts, that I see the hundred some diamond clad Knights, moving in to surround the slightly smaller party of mobs. And in front... The one hold an enchanted bow that had most likely killed the charged creeper, a man with enchanted diamond gear, a crown-like helmet, and a navy blue cape flowing behind him with a golden ocikaxe on it. I gasp lightly as the world is plunged back into darkness, retreating back from the door a few steps.

"Holy crap..." I utter, eyes wide.
"What's happening Jerome?!" Mitch demands, spinning me around and gripping my shoulders. "Who's out there?!"
"Mitch... It's... It's your dad." I breathe out, holding his gaze. "About a hundred Royal warriors are storming the place, and killing all the mobs. They... They saved Rob!"

Mitch suddenly let's go of my shoulders, eyes widening, and steps back.

"My... Dad?" Mitch speaks quietly in disbelief, suddenly finding the ground very interesting.
"Well come in then! Let's go help them!" Vikk declares, pulling up the hood on his black cloak and drawing a couple throwing stars.

Vikk dashes out the door towards our makeshift stables, followed quickly by Lachlan, and they both jump onto their horses, speeding off to go help combat the mobs. I move to dart out as well, when I notice Mitch is still frozen on the spot, not saying a word. I frown turning back to him.

"Mitch... Is everything ok?" I ask gently, unable to read his blank expressions.

Mitch raises his head and looks at me with emotionless eyes, still staying silent. And then, after a few moments of silence,

"Come on, let's go."

I open my mouth to question him, but he brushes past me, quickly running out to grab his horse and speed off after Vikk and Lachlan, both now in the midst of the mobs, brining them down left and right. I watch him go for a few seconds, before shaking my heads and rushing out to join them.

~~~

Heaving Betty from a creepers skull, I wipe the blood off her blade, spitting at the corpse under my feet.