Chapter 18

"What about Lookism?"

They stared at Hyung Seok with widened eyes.

"Look... ism?"

Hyung Seok gave off a nervous laugh as he rubbed his neck, "Yeah, it's just a thought, though..."

They continued to stare at Hyung Seok, wondering if they were supposed to know what the word meant.

Assuming that they were supposed to know the meaning, Jin Sung started to act like a know-it-all, "Lookism is that thing, right...? Yeah, it means that. Lookism."

In the inside, he was thinking:

What does lookism even mean?!

Bum Jae couldn't help staring at Jin Sung, sweatdropping, Nice try...

As the others wondered what the word meant, Jang Hyeon searched something on his phone. Reading it over, he said:

"Lookism: construction of a standard for beauty and attractiveness, and judgments made about people based on how well or poorly they meet the standard."

Jin Sung took that moment to say, "Yeah, it meant that! I knew that..."

While they ignored Jin Sung's poor attempt, they considered making it as their group name.

Managing to come up with an idea, Bum Jae gave his opinion, "What if we said it in English?"

Jang Hyeon raised his eyebrows, "In English...? That's actually a good idea."

Looking at the ground, he scratched his chin before adding, "Look... ism?"

They couldn't help the feeling of admiration go through them as they stared at Jang Hyeon.

Jang Hyeon raised an eyebrow, "What?"

Brushing their surprise off, he got a piece of paper out, and wrote, "Lookism" on it.

He hummed, hand on chin before commenting, "It's a bit long..."

Tilting his head at a small angle, an idea popped inside of his head. Not wasting any more time, he quickly wrote it down.

"LKM."

Curious, the others peeked over his shoulder to see what he wrote.

Seeing the letters, they couldn't stop their lips from lifting.

...

After an hour of discussing their group greeting with many ideas getting shot down, Jang Hyeon finally decided to show what he had thought of.

He stood in front of his group members, "How about this?"

Closing his eyes, he mentally prepared himself. Prepared, he opened them, and gave off his best smile:

"Hello! Beauty is only skin deep."

Placing the space in between his thumb and index finger of his left hand under his chin while turning his head, he chanted, "We are Lookism!"

They made a sound of amazement; Hyung Seok and Vasco clapping at the beautiful demonstration of their greeting.

In the midst of awe, Hyung Seok turned his head towards Jae Yeol.

"That was a nice demonstration, right, Jae Yeol?"

Jae Yeol, surprised that Hyung Seok turned towards him, nodded.

"Like this?"

Hearing Jin Sung talk, they turned their gaze in his direction.

Doing the greeting, he smirked when he placed the space in between his fingers under his chin, "We are Lookism!"