Chapter 36

"Elie? Elie? Where could you be?" A kind woman, blonde long hair says as I hide.

"Over here!" I jump out of my hiding place to be picked up by my mother and swung around.

"There you are!"

I laugh as we finish playing.

"Mummy."

"Yes sweetie."

"Why are we still hiding? Didn't daddy get the bad guys?"

"Yes, yes, we just have to be careful."

"So can when we stop hiding?"

"Soon. Soon my gem. Soon."

******************************************************

"Faster! Faster!" The trainer shouts as all of us work in squads to complete challenges that would push us to our limit. Learning team work, is just as important now.

In my squad I had only 6, without Ashton or any of the other guys, they were in 3d, while I was in 4c.

"Come on Jay! Jay!" We all yelled as our 'weakest' link tried to pass the last obstacle.

"Argh! This is bull! What are we doing here!" One of the other students loses it, "I'm done! See you all lat-" He begins to walk away before being struck down by the trainer.

"Do you think this is a joke boy!?" He shouts at his as he lays on the floor, clutching his face. "We are at war! This is not a game! You are to treat this like your life depends on it. Which it does."

This was clearly not school anymore.

We sat all together around a camp fire, eating, talking and waiting.

"So David rushes up to his dragon that he just met, like an idiot, and the dragon completely whacks him across the field. Like what was he thinking?!" Harrison laugh.

"Shut up. It was a onetime thing. Do you have to tell everyone we meet?" David gets embarrassed,

"Yeah, Goodwinged wasn't a walk in the park either. But it only took me a week to get him to settle down a bit."

"It took me what felt forever to even touch Aries," I add,

"Yeah, I heard you have a special type of dragon or something," David mentions

"A War dragon, Archangel," I tell him.

"Nice, best time for a war dragon." Harrision comments,

"Why are they even called war dragons?" I ask.

"Guess they are good at war, or are just aggressive."

It is weird. Hearing stories about them with their dragons from when they were only 10. When I was 10 I was sitting in my bedroom, day dreaming about the newest games, thinking of friendship, make-up, and just planning kid names.

It was only yesterday I was alone. With only 2 friends, and a completely unplanned future... well I thought it was planned. I thought of Univeristry, working, and one day growing up to have a family. But now... to plan a normal future is impossible.

I now plan to travel, fly around the world. I will live big. No more hiding under my covers.

"So Elena. All boys school? You must have someone you fancy." One of them ask, as I quickly look up.

"What? No."

"Yeah, yeah. You literally have your pick. So just go for it."

"It... it isn't that simple."

"Uh, yes it is. Three words, I, Like, You, simple."

"Yeah, but anyone who has to deal with me, has a lot to deal with. Between my mood swings, my dragon, and the fact I am talentless isn't tempting."

"Any guy would fall for someone who is more then average. Trust me you are. With everything, I guess with you around the boyfriend better keep his eyes on me."

"Yeah, Charlee, I pretty sure Thomas is Gay," Harrison adds.

"Well of course he is. I was just kidding. But still. He better do it."

"So Thomas huh, your boyfriend?" I ask,

"For 2 years now. Still, with this war I hope I can come home to him soon,"

"Yeah. Dianna doesn't like the idea of this either," Harrison mentions his girlfriend,

"What about you David? Anyone special?"

"Yup. The hottest babe in the country."

"She said girlfriend, not poster."

"Hey!"

Everyone laughs.

"Well I guess your doing pretty good." David says to me,

"What do you mean?"

"You have that Ashton fellow at your fingertips."

"What?! He is just... just a friend."

"Wow. Harsh. I bet he is suffering, in that friendzone."

"It isn't like th-."

"Run! Run!" We jump to the sound of sudden screaming. "They are h-" a huge explosion goes off.

"Dragons!"

We all jump up as the sky fills with the black shadows of dragons, the air fills with fire, as everyone runs out.

"To the dragons!" I yell as I race through the crowd, soon being trapped by another dragon. "Haaa!" I yell as I swing my sword, soon saved by others who stab the dragon through the heart. Blood spilling. I wipe my face as I continue to run towards the dragons

"Aries!" I shout as she rushes out, and I jump on taking to the sky. Slaying left and right, I watch as the true warriors begin to show their true colours.

"10 to your left!" One shouts, as the other takes down one more.

"Everyone, take to your position!" I look to see the Director flying on his dragon. Its... it's the biggest dragon I have ever seen, "The war begins now!"

I look over at my squad which signal me to follow. I take my last glance down at Ashton.

He's safe. Thank God.

"Let's go!"

We take to the skies. No where is safe. Now it is war.

************************************************************

Let the fun begin!

Thanks for reading.

14k READS! 1K VOTES IS AMAZING!

Any predictions???

ONLY 14 CHAPTERS LEFT!

Lots of Love

<3 <3 <3