DEBATES AND BROTHERS

THE DEAL
ten | ❝What the hell are you doing here?!❞

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

          "No! Ross and Rachel are much better than Chandler and Monica!" Cristina exclaimed, making Poppy shake her head.

The two girls sat on one of the tables in front of the school, having a pretty heated debate about a truly serious topic for Poppy.

Which was the most iconic Friends couple, Roschel or Mondler?

It was obviously Mondler, Poppy felt very passionate about that, but her friend seemed to disagree.

Poppy was about to shoot back with a great comeback about Chandler and Monica never being on and off throughout the entire series, when she felt someone wrap their arms around her waist from behind and kiss her cheek.

Cristina gave Poppy an excited look as Carl took a seat next to Poppy.

"Hey, babe," he told her.

"Hey, loser," Poppy smiled at him as he leaned down and placed a small, sweet kiss on her lips.

"Hey, Cristina," Carl greeted his acquaintance once him and Poppy pulled away.

Cristina smiled. "Hey, Carl. You two are actually so cute, I might start crying right now- but back to the topic."

Carl laughed lightly. "What's this topic that you two seem to think is so important?"

"Roschel or Mondler," Poppy answered.

"Friends?" Carl asked, making Poppy nod.

"It's obviously Roschel!" Cristina said eagerly.

"No, it's Mondler, no doubt about it," Poppy crossed her arms over her chest and jokingly shunned Cristina.

Carl laughed at her. She looked so damn cute. Her hair was in a side braid, which she didn't wear too often, and for some reason it had been somehow cold that day, the weather forecast said it was suppose to rain, so Poppy wore an indigo colored scarf and a large dark green coat over a white sweater, it made her look tinier than she already was.

"Ross and Rachel have been in love since high school!" Cristina backed up.

"False!" Poppy quickly stated. "Ross was in love with Rachel since high school! Rachel didn't start to reciprocate those feelings until around the season one finale and the beginning of season two! Whereas with Chandler and Monica, he overcame his commitment issues for her! She chose him over Richard, who she was at one point, madly in love with! And we can't forget- they literally proposed to each other! It was probably the greatest, most iconic, most beautiful moment in tv history- ever!"

Carl and Cristina sat there in silence, Carl amused and Cristina annoyed.

"She's right," Carl pointed out.

"Of course she's right, you're in love with her."

Poppy laughed at Cristina's comment before looking at the time on her phone.

"Okay, I should probably head home, I'll talk to you two later," Poppy told them.

"Yeah, I should probably leave, too," Cristina said, looking at her phone, her eyes going wide, "in fact, my mom's been here for like ten minutes- I have eight missed calls. Fuck! I gotta go. Bye, lovebirds!" With that, the blonde hurried away to her angry mother's car.

Poppy chuckled and shook her head, putting her backpack on. She turned to her 'boyfriend' and saw his amused look.

"What is it?" She asked as they began walking.