Chapter 31

Mason drove us to the orphanage and we drop the stuff I wanted to give away to them. We end up spending sometime with the kids.

When we left we both agreed we would go to the diner to have some lunch before we head home.

Clara greets up us and we chat for a little. She had hugged me as soon as we walked inside the diner.

We sat and ordered our food and Clara even joined us for a little bit to give me some of the gossip that's been happening in town.

After finishing our meals that Clara refused to let us pay for we stopped by a floral shop to buy some flowers for Mary to apologise on my behaviour the last couple weeks. Although Mason thinks we're just surprising her with flowers.

Once we reached the castle we entered the garage and asked where to find the queen.

Just as the guy started to point out the directions to where we should go there was a load explosion,  red lights and alarms starting ringing every where.

"Mason what's happening? What's going on?"

"I'm not sure. But I need to get you to the safe room with my mom so I can go check what's going on but I need to make sure your safe first"

"No Mason please don't leave me. What if something happened to you"

"There is no time for this right now my first priority is to get you to place"

He took my hand and started running with the guards around us.
I tried to keep up but Mason was so much faster then me and I guess I was slowing him down because he stopped for a second to pick me up and started running.

As we were climbing up a set of stairs we hear loud music echoing though the castle.

"No!"

"Sophia what is it?"

"He's here! He found me! Mason you can't go he will kill you and everyone here"

"I won't let that happen"

The music was cut and his voice is echoing though the walls

"Oh prince Mason I think you have something that belongs to me! If you let her go I promise I won't hurt anyone here. But I need my mate now or every minute that goes by I'll kill someone."

"Mason you have to let me go to him he will start killing everyone"

"No Sophia I already lost you once I'm not gonna let some psychotic guy take you away from me."

A guard moved a book from a shelf and the door opened to reveal the queen who sighed with relief.

"Mason is that who I think it is?"

"Yes! Don't let anything happen to Sophia. I'm going to end this once and for all"

He set me down on a chair. He kissed his moms cheek and hugged her quickly before turning towards me. He kissed my forehead and hugged me tightly before whispering.

"I love you with all my heart. I've loved you since the first time I set my eyes on you. And I promised you I won't let anything happen to you I broke that promise once but I won't ever break anything promise."

I started crying but I pulled him in for a kiss.

"I love you more ! You better come back to me"

As soon as he stepped out the door automatically closed.

"Is there another way to get into here? Besides the way we did?" I asked Mary

"They're couple different exits in case something happens but they all open from inside not outside"

"Show me one of them I need to find the Alpha before he starts making his promise happen. He will start killing people."

"I can't do that you know I can't. Mason will take care of it he always will. He has a lot of guards with him. He can do it."

"He's going to kill him. He won't stop until he kills every single person in this castle I know the Alpha he will never give up he won't stop until he gets me"

" OK let's just say I do let you out. Then what? You go to find him and do what kill him? I know you will not be able to do that. You have a big heart that will not let you go through with it. Let Mason take care of it let him do this for you.  The Alpha who shouldn't actually be Alpha needs to be killed he killed your baby he needs to die today and Mason will do it. For your honor. He already hurt you once and Mason couldn't do anything but now he can."

"Are you not listening to me he's going to kill Mason and everyone in this castle  he won't stop he will always win!"

"Okay. Okay. I'll do it on one condition. You let me give you a shot. The castle medical team has been working on a new drug it will help you be better, stronger, faster and I will only let you go if you take it."

"Okay"

The queen walks towards one of the shelf's in the room. Opens a box and takes out a needle. She walks to me and inserts the needle.

"I'm sorry. I promised him I would protect you and I won't let him down. If you go you will only distract him he won't be able to protect himself. Your safety would be his number one priority and that will get my baby boy killed"

"What did you do?"

I felt the room spinning and I leaned on the wall. And lost my balance.

"I'm sorry Sophia. But I won't stop protecting you both. And if this is the only way then so be it."

Mary's POV (Queen)

I grabbed the emergency phone I hid a while back and dialed the number I memorized by heart.

"Hello?"

"Luthier it's May I need you to go ahead with plan A!"

"But it's not ready?"

"He's here sooner then we thought! My son is in danger. This whole kingdom is in danger we need to act now"

"Okay! She's with me. I'll make this work but promise me one thing!"

"What is it Luthier?"

"You don't leave the place you're in now and after all of this is over I want you to go on a date with me"

"Okay. But be careful and take care of my son. Don't let anything happen to him! He just found his mate!"

"Don't worry I will"

I closed the phone and picked Sophia up and put her on the bed. Covering her with a light sheet. Kissing her forehead.

"I will protect you both with my life"

———————— - —————————

This book is over. I can't believe it. One more chapter to go !
I did a little editing and changed a couple of little details here and there.

Don't forget to vote and if you have any questions comment ♥️