||Chapter 20~The Photograph||

I grabbed my shoes and my French coat and ran outside. But I stopped myself. I ran up to Xavier's room.
I opened it and Bruno came out. I whistled and he followed me outside.
Fuck. It's so cold.
After running for a while, I heard a branch snap behind me and quickly turned around. After a minute of silence or so, Bruno barked twice, getting my attention. He found something in the snow. I quickly walked up to him and my heart stopped. I picked it up, and studied it with shaky hands.
A photograph of me.
I was looking away from the camera, laughing at something.
I remember this...
It was when me, Lola and Vicky went Christmas shopping.
I had no idea who took the photo and why. I quickly looked up as I heard someone. I heard it coming closer and closer, closer and closer. My heart was beating faster than ever and Bruno growled. I took a step back and screamed as something hit me.
I fell to the ground and felt the cold snow on my warm neck. I closed my eyes and felt that it was someone who bumped into me. Yep, here I die.
"Princess?" I heard Xavier's confused voice and I opened my eyes and let out a breath of relief.
He got off of me and stood up, he gave me a hand.
"I told you to stay fucking inside, didn't I?" He spoke like he was betrayed. Before I could say anything Damon came to sight.
"Natalie?!" He shouted angrily and I jumped at him and hugged his neck tightly.
"I was worried!" I said as he let me down.
"Did you find him?" I asked and Xavier looked away.
"The footsteps disappear before the road. He's gone." Xavier explained.
"For now." Damon added. I looked at him worriedly.
"I found this, I mean- Bruno found it-" Damon took the photograph of out my hand and Xavier saw it too. Damon clenched his jaw and his fists.
"We need to get these woods searched." Damon said as we walked back.
"I'll make sure of that, Damon. You make sure he doesn't come anywhere near Natalie again. We don't know who he is or what he's capable of." Xavier said and Damon nodded.
"What does he want from me?" I asked Damon.
"More like, what does he want from me... Natalie you have no idea how many enemies I have that would happily slit my throat. You're my weakness, and they know it."

As I entered my room, they both still followed along with Bruno.
They both made sure everything was locked and safe, and then Xavier turned to Damon and me.
"You can keep Bruno, he's a trained dog and he seems to like you, princess. He won't let you down. And anyway, he's better off with you since I don't really have time for him. He'll keep you safe." He said petting Bruno and my eyes widened.
"Are you sure, Xavier? I mean-" I tried but got interrupted.
"It's really okay, princess. Take care." He said kissing my forehead and I almost felt Damon killing him with his stare. We all said goodnight and then me and Damon went back to bed. Bruno laid on the floor, I gave him a pillow.
Damon possessively had his hand around my waist, making it slightly hard for me to breathe.
"If something happened to you, I wouldn't forgive myself." He whispered with a little hate.
"But nothing happened." I reassured him.
"Not yet. But they will try, they always do. And when I find them, I will make them choke on their own insides."
I grimaced.
"That's... that's disgusting, Damon." I said and he chuckled.
"You're mine, and I won't let anybody lay a hand on you, even if I have to kill them myself and bury their body at the bottom of the ocean." He explained and I turned to him.
"What if I lay a hand on myself?" I asked seductively.
"What?" He asked a little confused.
I laid my hand on my chest and slowly started moving it down. I knew Damon knew what I was doing because he had his hands around my body.
Before I reached my lower belly he harshly placed a hand on mine.
"Nope. Only I can do that." He said as his hand wandered even lower...

Even though the night was tought, I woke up well rested. I was still wrapped around Damon's arms tightly. I tried to get away but he only pulled me tighter and slightly groaned as he opened his eyes.
"Damon." I said to get his attention.
"Hmm?"
"Let go." I said as his hands were squishing me.
"Never." He mumbled under his breath. He pulled me tighter until my body was on his.
"Damon, seriously, let go, I can't breathe." I tried to push him off but he didn't budge.
"Tell me you love me first."
"I love you." I said without thinking.
"Now say it like you mean it."
"I do mean it. I love you, Damon." He didn't do anything.
"I love you I love you I love you I love you!" A small smirk appeared on his lips. He still didn't let me go.
"Natalie... do you know what day is it?" He asked cockily and I thought about it.
"Christmas!" I said enthusiastically and he nodded.
"Xavier already gave you his present. Now it's my turn."