Chapter 1: First Day Back From Summer

I wake up and fall off my bed with a thump

I wake up and fall off my bed with a thump. "Uhhh," I say in a low voice. I walk to the bathroom and look at my complexion in the mirror. The freckles on my cheeks look as if they had been sprinkled on, my hair is a light brown color and looks as if I haven't brushed it in weeks.

You know what Anna from frozen looks like when she wakes up? Yeah, well that's what I look like right now.

I rub my greenish-bluish eyes and put my glasses on. Most people wear fake glasses, well mine are indeed real. Honestly I hate my glasses. Everyone says I look cute with them on. But I don't see it and I never have. The only good thing about them is they cover my large eye bags. I brush my hair and my teeth and walk back into my room.

I put some jeans and a black T-shirt on. My face turns to the right as I stare at myself through the mirror for a second. I put my jacket that's probably a few sizes bigger than it should be on. Maybe today will be different?

Slowly and quietly, I walk down the stairs. I grab my backpack and open the front door. Hopefully my moms asleep as always. I don't have to worry about my dad. He's usually out with some girl who's way too young for him at this time of day.

The sad part? Sometimes he even brings them home. My mom is too scared to say anything about it; even though they're married.

(This Story was made before all the Melanie Martinez drama happened, don't come here *cough* trying *cough* to roast me because she's in this story.) I put my earbuds in and listen to 'Dead To Me' by Melanie Martinez. I love Melanie Martinez and her music. Her music makes me feel like someone out there in the world understands what I'm going through.

I wish I could do that one day. Make people feel like they belong, make them happy. All the feelings Melanie gives me makes me want to share those feelings with other people.

After walking for about ten minutes I make it to my school, Briarwood High.

My death bed.

High school has definitely been the worst years of my life. Tiffany definitely doesn't make it any better. Who's Tiffany? Well, you'll find out soon enough. I walk into the school. Everything looks the same as before summer break. The only difference is I have a different feeling when walking in.

I start walking to my first class but I'm stopped by the Queen Bee herself, Tiffany Johnson. Why's she the Queen Bee? Because she's beautiful, and dating the team captain of the football team.

Tiffany has beautiful blue eyes and perfectly straight blonde hair. But of course she has her two best friends, well fake best friends.

Ansley and Tammy, The Queen Bee's minions. Tammy, she's the pretty yet stupid one. Ansley, the one that gets whatever she wants, the daddy's girl.

That's the popular squad for you. "Hey girl! Where are you going?" Tiffany asks, Ansley and Tammy chuckle from behind her.

"To class..." I whisper, "Speak louder. I can't hear you. Do you even talk English?" Tiffany asks, the three laugh.

"I-I'm going to class..." I tremble, she looks at me surprised. "Did the little brat finally say her first word?" Tiffany asks, "Actually, you should've said 'Did the brat finally say her first words?' Just sayin'." She sends a death glare over my way.

"Look, Thalia..." She starts, putting her hand roughly on my shoulder. "I think we're going to be great friends." Tiffany says, the three girls laugh while walking away.

Wow. Usually she's meaner. That's new. Maybe this year will be different from the rest. What am I saying? Of course it won't be.

I sigh and walk to class. Which to my luck...it's math. I walk to class and see that I'm 10 minutes early. Good, I love being early to class so I can pick where I sit for the year.

I sit in the corner at the very back. Hopefully nobody will pay any attention to me back here. You're probably wondering why nobody has come up to me saying they missed me over summer break.

Well I don't have any friends. And by that I mean I have zero friends. I've tried my best to make friends. But for some reason I just can't. I don't fit in here.

So that's why I'm like a shadow at this school. Nobody see's me and I want to keep it that way. But I did have a friend once, his name was Ethan Maxwell.

He was my best friend from kindergarten to 8th grade. Then he became popular and eventually left me to be with the populars.

So now I am friendless. Not going to lie...I miss him. I miss having a friend that I could tell everything to.

But whatever happens, happens. There is nothing I can do about that except wish for the best.

When the bell rings everyone comes into class and try's their best to avoid sitting next to me. Everyone ignores me because they're scared that I'm going to become their friend.

Everyone knows that the populars hate me. So who wants to be friends with the one girl that's hated? Nobody, that's who.

"Welcome class! I'm Mrs. Sanchez and I'll be your math teacher this year." An old lady says standing in front of the class. Oh boy, this is going to be a long year.

I try my best to look at my desk and draw for the rest of class. Draw? Well yeah. Drawing and listening to music is the only thing that keeps me from going crazy these days.

I hear a door open and talking. But what scared me is that I heard shuffling next to me. Someone was sitting next to me. Dear god, please save me.

Okay, just don't look up. And don't talk to them...you'll be fine. "Hey," I hear, oh goodness. It's talking. What do I do? I stare at my journal.

"Hi," I mumble, "Look at me." The man says, I look up at the person I sit next to permanently now. I try avoiding all eye contact with him but he grabs my face and forces me to look at him.

Today is going to be a hard day...

//:://:://:://:://:://:://:://::/:://:://:://::/
Hey guys!! This is my first story and I hope that you like the first chapter!! I'll be updating this book whenever I get the chance to!! So at least one time a week!! Byeeeee now!!! ☺️