Chapter Twenty Three

**KOL'S POV** 

I paced around the living room waiting for Elijah to come downstairs. 

"Elijah! I need to speak with you." I said to him. 

"You seem awfully nervous. Are you okay?" He asked. 

"I need your opinion on something." 

"What?" 

"Is it to soon to ask Addie if she will marry me?" 

His eyes widen in shock but he smiled. 

" I think it is the exact right time. You have never thought about this before what is bringing this up now?" 

"I just think that I need to be with her forever just like how I imagine it. She is my everything and I can only see me spending the rest of eternity with her." 

Elijah smiled and helped me set everything up...Now I have to ask Bekah. 

"Bekah. Just listen take her out shopping buy her a few nice things and then take her to the Mystic Grill at 8. Don't ask questions." I said to her over the phone and she agreed. 

I set everything up at the grill and a lot of Addie's friends showed up. I looked at my watch...8 o'clock. Just then I saw them walk into the grill. I stood at the pool table and Addie looked at me surprised. 

"Kol what is all this? It's not my birthday you know." She laughed.

"No Addie.." I said while getting on one knee and she put her hands over her mouth. 

Tears filled my eyes and I cleared my throat. 

"Adelaide. For 3 1/2 years I have had the honor of calling you my girlfriend, my other half, my best friend. But now I feel as if we were soul mates. We have gone through so much and I have never lost any hope in our relationship because I love you so much...you are so perfectly imperfect...and for the rest of eternity I want to have you by my side. So will you please make me the luckiest man ever and marry me?" I said pulling out the ring. 

She nodded and said yes. I slid the ring on her finger and kissed her everyone cheered and took pictures but I was just happy that I am marrying the love of my long and dreadful life...She kissed me again and as I was looking at her the twinkle in her eye that faded away when I turned was back and I can't believe it...

"I love you Addie." I said to her. 

"I love you too Kol."