xii. "broken"

PSYCHE STARED AT HER PHONE as she called her best friend for the second time on facetime. It had been five days since Tom and Harrison left, and she was extremely worried about her best friend. He didn't contact her at all, and at first she thought it was just because of their kiss, but then a few more days passed.

After minutes, he finally answered, Psyche letting out a sigh of relief, "Ugh, finally," she mumbled, lifting her phone up to look at the boy, but what she saw was just the ceiling of the trailer, "What the hell, Thomas? Why have you been ignoring me?'

"Hello to you, too," he groggily said, "I was busy doing some things, I'm sorry."

"Was it about," she paused, "was it about the kiss?" She asked, immediately feeling awkward about the question, "or did, uh, something bad happen to you?"

"Both?"

"What?"

"Well, I might have... gotten into a little accident," he informed. Psyche furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, Tom taking his phone from beside him on the couch and showing his (very bruised) face to his very confused best friend.

"Oh my god, you hurt yourself in a scene again, didn't you?" Tom laughed a little a nodded his head at the question, Psyche chuckling as well.

"Sorry for ignoring you," he apologized, "I just figured that things were bound to get awkward after the, uh, the kiss, so, I, uh," he paused, bringing the ice pack on his face to rest it on his minor injury, "I, uh, thought, maybe, to not get awkward, we would just not talk for like, a few days, maybe two or three, but then," he removed the ice pack and pointed at his face, earning a laugh from the blonde, a smile making its way to his lips upon hearing her infectious laugh that was like music to his ears. "Then this happened," he finished.

"It's fine, Tommy," she said, "Just... be careful next time, yeah? You're about to finish filming, so take a long-ass vacation, okay?"

"Will do."

"Okay, well, I'm gonna go, okay? I'll talk to you later. Love you, Tommy boy," she said with a smile.

"Love you too."

As the call ended, they both knew damn well that it wasn't so friendly at all.

psychepenelope you gotta stop hurting your pretty face, holland 😂

10k retweets | 20.4k likes

user1 i love how psyche is just laughing her ass off on this HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
user2 typical best friend, honestly 😂😂
        ⤷ HazOsterfield typical psyche, actually

lisavello tom looks so done with you HAHAHAHA
    ⤷ tomholland1996 i am
        ⤷ BatalonJacob oh come on, tom, we all know that's a lie 😂

user3 do i want them to date or stay besties?
    ⤷ psychepenelope both. jk im kidding yiKEs¡!
        ⤷ Zendaya "jk im kidding" lol ok psyche
            ⤷ NatashaBelle AHAHAHAHAHA

arden_allegro had the same reaction from you when you hit me with a guitar toy when you were 7
    ⤷ mama_allegro that was a great day 😂😂

tonyrevolori im surprised he didnt break his nose
    ⤷ tomholland1996 almost did
        ⤷ psychepenelope oh nose!
            ⤷ tomholland1996 oh god no
                ⤷ psychepenelope i just watched last year's pinof, im sorry 😂

user4 i love tyche 💖💖💖
    ⤷ psychepenelope everybody does

eyyyyy im back 😂😂😂
btw i plan on posting a riverdale fanfic with sabrina as a face claim, and that would be the role psyche plays on the show, but i dont have a plot yet. HAHAHA.
small time jump on the next chapter btw.
woop