Chapter 31 ~ Mist in the Dark

PLEASE

COMMENT

AND

VOTE!!!!!

LOVE,

~KC Blares

********************************************************************************************

Chapter 31 ~ Mist in the Dark

KC’s P.O.V.

I stared blankly at myself in the full length mirror, hugging my torso nervously. Yeah, so I wore slim skirts that went half way down my thigh and hot shirts in public before, but that wasn’t enough to prepare me for this.

My hair was pulled back to reveal my face, which had thankfully regained its color, and silver earrings dangled from my earlobes. My eyes were almost glowing moonlight silver, accentuated by the small black dress that clung to me by one, over the shoulder silver strap, encrusted with small diamonds. The thin little thing only reached my mid thighs, making it almost impossible for me to sit down, but I could manage. My legs looked long and slim as I stood in the diamond decorated heels Maggie made me wear. I was actually surprised how well I looked in the silver eye shadow the girls instructed me to apply, not that I’d ever admit to them they were right.

There was a light tapping at my door and I glanced back behind me to see my mother inching the door open, cramming her head in to get a look. She slid in and stared at me in awe, her eyes brightening. I noticed she was wearing one of her work suits. I guess a principle’s job is never done.

“Oh, sweetheart, you look amazing,” she beamed at me as she placed her hands on my arms, tears coming to her eyes. I smiled softly at her, hoping she wouldn’t break out in tears now, at least not till I head to college. “Your father would be so very proud of you,” she tried to smile, but her lips quivered a little, tears beginning to spring to my own eyes at the mention of my dad.

“Thanks, Mom,” I whispered, forcing a smile to my own lips. She quickly wiped her eyes dry and smoothed out her suit, giving me a final smile. “I have to head over to the school now and make sure everything’s set. I’ll see you in a little while,” she said as she exited my room, leaving me in the dead silence. I sighed, blinking back my tears before walking out of my room, ready to meet the girls down in the garage.

***

The floor seemed to vibrate beneath our feet as we entered the school gym, the neon strobe lights flaring around the room. Ali, Danica, Maggie, Amber, Dan, and I glanced around the room in shock; our little stinky gym had been turned into an amazing dance floor. Not bad for a small town high school, I guess.

“Cool,” Ali gasped, staring around the vibrant room in awe.

“I think that’s the nicest thing you’ve ever said about this place,” Amber laughed, slapping Ali’s shoulder innocently. Ali just shrugged in response with a slight nod of agreement.