Father

Finian's POV

Praise the moon

She has answered my prayers.

Movement is but an illusion in the void that swirls darken grey mist acting as a shroud around my sight. Obscuring the face of my father but his eyes shine out bright.

Father

No words come out of my mouth just a thought from my consciousness.

Trying to direct my energy forward towards him willingly. How do you go forward without the ability to move?

"Stop, I'm not here for you son." The voice surrounding every neuron of my being.

"No, take me. Please take me, my life for her's. I will give myself as a tribute to the Moon so she can claim me instead of Victoria. Please, father, take me instead." Echo's of sound is waving out in the never ending expanse of the grey mist rippling haze as if it's a current of water.

"The moon will take who she want's Finian. I will tell you this; today is not Victoria's day to die."

"Finian, my son." The shroud that is covering his face lifts away, he's smiling, taking in my appearance.

"You have become a powerful male. It's time for you to become what I always knew you had inside you. Make me proud Finian, become the Alpha you are destined to be. No more, no less. You're going to be fine. And remember you are only defeated if you believe you are defeated."

Something of great magnitude pushes on my chest propelling me backward, the grey mist becoming deeper, darker until I'm encased in a blackness that lets no sight in.

Opening my eyes, taking a breath while a tube is being pulled from my throat.

"Grey."

The word comes out fragile, scratchy it has no depth of sound. Great pain constricts my next words into a moan.

"Fin." Thomas is looking down at me; he looks as if he's aged beyond his years. Great frown lines are burrowing along his forehead. His eyes look as if he's carrying great burdens as if he is the Alpha.

It's a clumsy movement of hands as I try to sit up in bed. My motor function doesn't want to co-operate with what my mind wants my body to do. It's as if I am a newborn learning how to move again.

Thomas's strong arms help's me sit up, I feel as if I could fall backward still too weak to hold myself up.

"Lay back down Fin; you're not healed enough yet." His voice holds an authority that he rarely uses.

"Tell me," Saying it with closed eyes, bracing my body for the impact, squeezing the sheets with my hands.

"You were hurt, I carried you out. Grey kept the bear from chasing after us. He's been sedated so his body can rest and heal. He's alive, but he won't be the same when he wakes. He sustained life-altering injuries." Thomas's voice cracks before he pulls himself together. Sledgehammer force of words hit my body, life-altering.

"They lost the pup, Fin. It was stillborn. Meela won't let it go. We've been trying to pull him away from her, but she won't let him go." My chest feels heavy with the pressure of their loss.

"With Victoria's weakened condition, she was powerless-" I squeeze Thomas's hand, preparing myself. My throat is tightening up with a scream that's threating to power out.

"Victoria was unable to breathe on her own, she was in distress, she was slipping away. Mom had no choice, save the pup because Victoria was dying."