Chapter 38

I quickly call out to Aries, she finally picks me up. I take to the sky, stopping beside the squad leader.

"We have to retreat or something!" I tell him,

"We can't do that! Are you crazy!"

"I just killed one of those. They are shadows. They can't be killed."

"How did you do it then?!"

"Light. I used my light element."

"Makes sense. Are you sure?"

"Yes. It's body is a shadow!" I explain.
I look over to the front lines, where I see them fighting with fire. Fire looks to be able to make the shadows soild. Only for a second.

"Fire works. Get everyone to use their dragons fire! We can't lose!" The leader shouts.

I fall back to my squad, and explain it to everyone. A wall of fire is formed, stopping the shadows. Some of us using the chance to kill them.

I use all the light I can. The dragons can't keep this up. It takes a lot of energy to do so.

I continue to fight left and right, this time noticing our dragons falling to the ground, followed by the yelling and screaming of people who have fallen. I listen to the dragons, the innocents falling. Losing their wings.

"No! Millword!"

"Willow. You have to get up!"

"Ryan! Harry! Where are you?!"

People yelling for friends, and family,

"Max! No brother!"

"Please... wake up!"

"Why him!"

My heart beats through my ears. I begin to breath deeply.

This is war. This is... death. A simple voice... speaks the truth.

Death can save hundreds. What are you saying. This voice is different, darker, speaks...realistic. I am no hero. But I can save some of them. Or at least give them time to run.

"Aries. Fly me to the centre, high. Quickly!" I shout. As I reach the centre. I am surrounded.

"Aries. Catch me, just as I am about to hit the ground." I tell her as I jump down, being followed by the shadow soldiers.

"Argh!" I shout as I use myself as I bomb of light. Taking them all with me.

I close my eyes as I hear people shout my name.

"Elena!"

"No!"

"Aries catch her!"

"Watch out!"

"Argh!"

I slowly open my eyes, as the sky is dark. I can't hear anything. Is it over? Reach my hand up as I touch Aries body.

"Good girl..." I say. I am alive, she caught me.

I look around, noticing no one around. I see a clear lake, I slowly make my way over with the help of Aries on my bad ankle side.

I glance into the water. I look at my reflection. Me, covered in blood, a weak girl. I begin to cry, unable to help it.
I am scared. I miss home. I miss my brother. I miss Ashton.

I hit the water in rage, using the water to wash the blood off. The water changing colour from clear blue to murky... ugly, discussing.

I am not a hero. I am not anybody. I look into the water once more, glancing at my shoulder.

It's cut.

I try to watch the blood off.

It... it isn't coming off. I look close... noticing it is not blood, but a shadow mark.

"A tattoo?" I question, "No. Stains? No. It is... an infection. A disease." I turn my head to look at my shoulder. Black veins.

"I thought only dragons could be harmed... I guess I am part dragon... dragon descendant."

I look at Aries. I go to pat her with my right arm, she jumps back, she is stressed, she is scared. I look at my right shoulder, the diseased one.

"Oh..." I use my other arm, after wrapping my complete arm up, so she would not be scared. She is calm.

"Let's go." I say as I hop on her and we take to the sky.

RAAARRRGGH!

I hear the frighting sound of that demon dragon. It couldn't be... Dracul?

I fly low, towards the sound. Stopping in the forest line, where I look at the open area.

Nothing.

I look around. Then noticing the Director walk out to the centre, where a female, black hair, same height as him, and looks just a little younger.

They stop, standing at least 30 metres apart.

"It looks like time hasn't been easy on you." She speaks first, in a harsh tone, a tone that says 'I don't care. I want something'

"Long time no see." He shouts.

"Yes, yes. What do they call you now? Jacob? Kevin?"

"The Director."

"Still? I though that old, 100 year old name would be worn out about now."

"Well, unlike you. I still care about those I love."

"Well at least I don't get all soppy over the death of a human."

"You say that. But isn't that why we are here?"

"Oh you pathetic soul. This isn't about what happened 400 years ago, it is what happened 50 years after that."

"A long time to hold a grudge."

"Well isn't 100 years a long time to hold a crush?"

"That is enough!"

Wow. I have never heard the director get mad...

"Ooh. Somebody's mad. Well, let's begin, I don't have all day. My pathetic, older brother."

************************************************************

YES! For some reason I really liked writing this chapter!

I have everything planned for the next few chapter, so be sure to keep reading the final 12!

If I wrote a sequel, who would read it?

Lots of Love

<3 <3 <3