C H A P T E R T W E N T Y T W O

-

-

"They've said nothing. Though, one particular guard did anger Xerxes."

"Ah, the young vampire. That one just couldn't keep his mouth shut. Oh well, he's done his services to us. It fascinates me how no one questioned his sudden jump in the ranks."

"The king doesn't really take note of the lower troops. He focuses much of his attention to his soldiers, the real warriors."

"'Tis a good time for the dark horses to stampede over the vermillion herd."

-

                    Adelaide grew worried

She shouldn't have mentioned anything to him like she'd originally decided, but she knew that keeping a secret like this to Xerxes was a bad, very bad, idea. At least the anger wasn't directed at her this time; although she still hoped she wouldn't get another round of spanking because of it.

She'd tried to distract him once, touching his hand with her naked thigh, trying to initiate a reaction from him only to be brushed away.

Her beast king had gone berserk. His lust for death was almost insatiable with the way he was taking out every untrustworthy, and in his words 'useless', men he had serving for him. No one was brave enough, or stupid enough, to stop the king. Both him and his beast were doing all this by instinct, doing what they thought to be right as the need to kill any threat to his queen, to protect her from anyone and anything, overruled every law there was in Tronos.

He's entailed to shield her, but with his beast's unusual incessant demand of wanting to cage her inside a secluded cave, he was beginning to think that maybe a little someone was also getting involved; but he can't be so sure.

Adelaide sighed and paced by the fireplace, biting on her lower lip as it was a habit of hers when she was at an unease. She was aware of Norward's presence as he was the only one allowed inside with her; ever since Xerxes obtained the unexpected revelation of not only having one intruder assault her, but two within a day of each other, he was adamant on capturing them himself.