Chapter 100: See you in 2 years

You walked back to the shore with Luffy, giving him a piggyback ride since he hurt himself by throwing another tantrum in the forest earlier. Upon you arrival, Law's crew has left and only Jimbei remained behind. The fishman smiled at the both of you when he noticed Luffy was back to normal. Well, as normal as he could be.

"(NICKNAME)!!!!!"

You and Luffy blinked when your old man suddenly appeared out of nowhere, shirtless. You screamed in fright as Rayleigh lifted you in his arms, hugging you tightly.

"My sweet (y/n)! Don't ever scare me like that again!" said Rayleigh, nudging his cheek with your own.

"I should say the same, you damn old fart!" you snarled, thick marks covering your forehead. "Let me go!"

"Oi, can't I hug my daughter after seeing her for so long?!"

"NO"

Luffy watched as your old man wrestled for your affection, telling about how his nights were long and terrible of not getting any news from you. And how he nearly had a heart attack when he saw you on the television diffusing the war on live.

Finally, you were able to push him away with a kick to the ass, sending him flying back in the sea.

"Go get yourself eat by a Sea King or something!" you barked, shaking a fist at him as he came back to the surface, spitting water like a fountain.

"You're so cruel!" pouted the old man. "Anyway, it's good to see you again, Luffy-kun! I'm glad I was able to find you two so easily"

"What are you doing here?" asked Luffy with a raised brow. "I was just about to follow your Vivrecard back to Sabaody Archipelago. How are the others?"

"They aren't back yet" answered Rayleigh as he cleaned his glasses. "I left my Vivrecard with Shakky...If I hadn't done that, I wouldn't be able to move around freely"

"Are you really the Dark King, Rayleigh?" sweated Jimbei. "It's still a surprise even after you introduced yourself to me earlier. I never thought I'd meet a living legend in this place....HE'S YOUR FATHER?!"

"Yes ~ Isn't my daughter beautiful? ~ " inquired the old man as he turned into noodles.

"Erk, you're worst than Sanji-kun. It's creepier coming from you" you shuddered, rubbing your chilly arms.

"Here...isn't this your treasured hat?" said Rayleigh as he presented to Luffy the straw hat.

"Right, thanks" smiled your captain, catching the hat in the air. "I just don't feel right unless I'm wearing it"