My Deepest Apologies

•Y/N: Your Name
•L/N: Last Name

——————————————————
____________________________________
Author's POV:
____________________________________

——————————————————____________________________________Author's POV:____________________________________

____________________________________

  The large, wooden doll carries his master to the coach waiting outside the manor doors, where Ash waited with patience. The angel grins at the young woman as she was seated inside beside him before facing Drossel.

  "That will be all," he says, waving the butler off, and so, he nods and seals the door. Not long after, the vehicle jerked as they were set in motion. Giving a small grunt, Y/N leaned into the seat and tilted her head back with a hand on her feverish forehead. It was cooling, though not very fast, and it felt like her skull was cracked open but slowly stitching itself together. It was uncomfortable, for certain. She was debating asking Ash to turn the carriage around, so that she may return to bed, and yet, she felt she should go. She hopes she'll be healed up by the time they reach their destination. Her discomfort was a hard thing to miss, so naturally, her company spoke up.

  "You are welcome to rest if you need to. It's a long ride anyways."

  "I suppose." Sighing, she closes her eyes, brows scrunched tight as she tried to make herself comfortable for the drive. Truthfully, she didn't want to sleep, not with him in here with her. She didn't trust him, especially with how suspiciously he acted earlier, but exhaustion was a bitch and sent her right to sleep in a matter of minutes. As her muscles released their tension, she collapsed onto his shoulder without even realizing. It was an action that brought out a small chuckle from the angel before his expression turned serious.

  'How this girl vexes me. I still haven't the slightest clue of what she might be. Surely not a demon. She is much too pure to be such a filthy creature. Perhaps an angel, like me? No. Couldn't be that either. I would've been able to tell right away, so then, what?' It was frustrating to him, but the chase was amusing as well, a delightful guessing game. An immortal being of any kind would gladly jump at the chance for entertainment to spice up such a dull lifetime, and she was providing quite the puzzle for him. He was given more clues only for them to twist things further. He had never heard of the things she could do. Such raw, exquisite power. He wished to have bore witness to it himself. To provide her with a more comfortable resting place, Ash laid Y/N out along the bench, her head upon his lap as they traveled through traffic.

'I will find out the truth about who you are, Y/N L/N. It will only be a matter of time.'

___________________________________
Your POV:
___________________________________