Chapter 8| Me? Laugh? At you? Never

•Blake's POV•

I still can't believe she said yes. I didn't think she would be I'm ecstatic that she did. I have never been a good boyfriend before but I want to be a good one, for her. She's beautiful even though she doesn't know it. I can't believe Victoria said that stuff. I hope Kay doesn't believe it because it's not true. My thoughts are interrupted by when I feel two tiny arms go around my waist from the back.

"Hi!" Kayla says resting her head on my back.

"Hi." I laugh at her. She is adorable.

"Are you laughing at me?" She asks unwrapping her arms from my waist and moving to stand next to me.

"Me? Laugh? At you? Never." I say sarcastically. I grab her hand and hold it tightly in my own. I walk with her to the football field.

"I've got to go or Maddie will murder me." She says, kisses me, and walks off. I don't know what she's doing to me.

"Baker! Get your butt over here!" Coach yells and I hear Kay laugh.

"Coming!" I say and jog over to him.

***

Practice was almost over and I hadn't been able to concentrate. Mostly because I was staring at Kay the whole time. She was just really pretty and to make everything worse, she was wearing the cheer uniform. She had caught me looking at few times and stuck her tongue out at me. The girls soon all go towards the girls locker room to get changed so I turn my attention back to coach's lecture.

"Now, go home!" Coach ends his lecture and I turn around and walk to where Kay is sitting. She's reading her book, like always, when I walk over to her. I grab the book out of her hands and she looks like she is ready to punch me.

"Book. Now." She says, firmly. I hand her the book which she takes happily before sitting next to her. She put her head on my shoulder.

"I'm sweaty." I inform her.

"So am I." She says shrugging. "Also I have to babysit tonight. Will you come over?"

"When?" I ask.

"Seven-thirty. My parents are going out." She says.

"Ha-" She cuts me off.

"Yes, I have already talked to my dad about it and he is fine with it."

"Ok. I'll se you then." I say, kiss her and go to my car. I get in before starting it and pulling out of the parking lot.

When I get home I run straight up to my room and lock the door.

I grab my laptop and pull my homework out of my backpack. I have an essay to write and some math homework. I do my math quickly, then start on essay before my phone starts ringing. I grab it off my nightstand and answer without reading the caller ID.

"Hello." I say into the phone.

"Hey, can you come early? My parents need to leave earlier than they thought." Kayla says and I can hear shuffling and voices in the background.

"Yeah, of course. Be there soon. Bye." I say. She mumbles a goodbye before hanging up. I get up and grab my wallet and keys before going downstairs and out the front door. I text my mom and tell her where I'm going before starting my car and leaving. When I get to Kay's house I get out of my car and lock it before going to the front door. I knock and a minute later Ella opens the door.