22: Love me

Taraji

After getting off the phone with Keke,I decide to do something that I haven't done in a while...

Work out.

I don't have any visible stretchmarks...yet.

But I wanna keep in shape. I decide to go upstairs,to my room and change into some black adidas shorts,a plain black t-shirt and running shoes.

I tie my hair up and leave for the gym. I go to a private gym a few blocks down from my place,so I decide to run there,as a warm up.

As I run,I think about Terrence and how much I miss him. It hasn't even been 24 hours,but I feel empty.

Oh,shit! He goes to the same gym as me.

When I get there,I realise that I've forgotten my membership card. Just as I'm about to turn around and run back home,I smell something that weakens my knees.

Terrence.

"It's alright,I gotchu"he whispers,standing behind me,the proximity bringing goosebumps all over my skin.

He holds his card over the scanner to open the door. I walk in first and because the door is programmed to close after one person has entered,Terrence gets hit by the door. 

He falls back and holds both of his hands to his head,as he scrunches up his face,in pain. I scream and the receptionist looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Open the door! Somebody,please!" I yell,looking at Terrence.

I hear someone run up to the door to open it,but Terrence lifts himself up,with a bloody left hand and slowly walks away.

The security guard who was supposed to open the door looks at me. "Did I tell you to stop?!"I snap,on the verge of tears.

I can't let Terrence get away. If I tell him about Keke without evidence,then I might as well not tell him.

But I can't spend another hour without him,so I pace the reception room,waiting for the door to be opened.

After about five minutes,the security guard opens the door and says: "It's open,ma'am"

I shake my head and pause,halfway on my way to the door.

"Y'know,sir...If there were a lion in here,chasing everybody and tryna eat us,we woulda all been dead by now,cos yo ass been working here for so long but you couldn't find the entrance key."I say,feeling a tear slide down my face.

Sometimes I feel like I should be admitted to a mental hospital. Of all the scenarios in the world...I chose a lion. Chasing people in a gym.

Wow.

He looks at me like I'm crazy and walks away. I decide to walk home and dry my tears.

When I get home,I change into a warm tracksuit and keep my running shoes on.

It's time to see my man...

20 minutes later

When I get to Terrence's house,I stand at the door,blankly staring at it.

Don't walk away. The love of your life is in here and this is your chance to make things right.

After more thinking,I slowly lift my right hand,to knock on the wooden door.

My heart rate accelerates,as I wait in anticipation. I know who I'm going to see. But it's what I'm going to say,that I don't know. After hearing a little bit of fumbling and muttering,the door knob twists and I feel like throwing up.

I consider running,but I'm rooted to the spot.

There he stands,in a brown shirt with the first two buttons undone and a look that I can't read on his face.

I think it's shock,disappointment and happiness at the same time.

His pink,full lips slightly move,trying to form words,but nothing comes out. My mouth is dry by now and all I can think of is a cold glass of water.

I look up at his beautiful eyes and maintain eye contact,drifting away,until he clears his throat.

I wake up and see that his mouth has now closed and his eyes have turned a dark brown colour because he's stepped back into his house and made way for me to get in.

I move slowly and feel the sun's heat leave my back,as I enter his home. It smells like incense and soul food.

I notice that he's got some old school music playing in the background and an open bottle of wine next to the couch,on the coffee table.

I wonder if I'm the reason he's drinking?

I slightly blush,as one of his hands make their way to my lower back,ushering me to the left and not the living room.

I think I know where he's taking me and I can't help but feel butterflies in my stomach,just thinking about what is about to unfold.

Sadly,I find myself being led to his home office.

Serves you right. You should've told him the truth when you had the chance. Freak.

I hear the door close with a click and stay standing,waiting for him to walk to the other side of the table,so I can see his face,but no such thing happens.

Instead,I find myself battling whether or not I should turn around and face him myself,or be a coward and tell him now,where I am.

Just as I'm about to turn around,I hear him walk towards me and freeze. His warm hands snake their way around my waist,slightly squeezing the flesh that they can feel,over my sweatshirt.

His lips make their way to my neck,making me moan. "I don't wanna hate,you Taraji" he whispers,pecking my neck repeatedly.

I gasp,when his teeth graze my earlobe.

He quickly turns my body around to face him and that's when I lose all control. The look in his eyes says it all.

"Terrence,I-"

His lips crash against mine,causing my breathe to hitch,ever so slightly. Our lips move passionately in sync and our hands,explore each other's bodies like eager teenagers.

Then suddenly,his movements come to an end and he just looks into my eyes,holding my face between his big caramel hands.

"Don't say anything. Just love me." He croaks out,unbuttoning the rest of the buttons on his shirt. I stare at him,falling in love with him all over again.

"Ok..."I whisper,as he picks me up and lays me down on the white,carpeted floor.

*

*

*

*

*