Eight

In the middle of watching TV Jimin starts humming, kicking his legs to the tune of the song. It's not that it doesn't sound nice, it's just goddamn annoying when I'm trying to focus on the television.

"Jimin," I say a bit harshly, "Stop it."

He looks back at me with his eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. "Huh?"

"You're humming and I can't hear."

"Oh, uhm. Sorry."

He stops for a few minutes, but before I know it he's humming again and I'm tempted to kick him, but instead I pull out my phone and text Jungkook.

*next day, Tuesday*

Yoongi's P.O.V

Today is the day it happens. I don't know it yet, of course, but today is the day my life ends, or well, begins actually. Today is the beginning of the downfall, and all it took was one simple little trip and one very cute, very clumsy, young boy.

It's 7:25 AM and we're running late for school, Jimin and I. It's nobodies fault, really, but that doesn't mean that I'm not blaming him. I mean, it was his alarm clock that didn't go off. Right now, I'm downstairs eating an apple while Jimin is upstairs finishing getting ready.

I make my way out of the kitchen and towards the stairs so I can yell at Jimin and tell him to hurry the fuck up.

I should be paying attention to where I'm going, I really should. But running late and all, I'm doing what any other person would be doing; I'm pulling my phone out of my pocket to check the time, seeing that it's 7:30 now. As I reach the staircase I'm shoving my phone into my pocket and that's when it happens.

In the midst of putting my phone in my back pocket, something collides with my chest, and as an automatic instinct I'm immediately wrapping my arms around it.

Said 'it' being Jimin.

I look down and all I can see is pink hair against my chest and I can feel his breath through my shirt. I watch him as he looks down at my hands, before shyly looking up at me with those big brown eyes to meet mine. It's then that he says it. It's quiet, but I hear it as it falls from his lips.

"Oops."

Just 'oops' that's all he says, he doesn't apologize or try to run away, he just looks up at me innocently, and I can see in his eyes that he's worried of my reaction. But I don't react in the way I think he's expecting, or in the way that I'm expecting. I don't even think about it before I'm replying back to him.

"Hi."

I carefully help the young boy regain his balance, moving my hands away once I'm sure he's stable. I didn't realize how small Jimin was until now. I knew he wasn't that smaller than me, but he felt so tiny and fragile in my arms. He's still looking at me, "You should be more careful." I say, though I don't think I would mind catching him again.

"I- uhm, should. Thank you." He says, looking anywhere but at me, while I can't take my eyes off of him. I let out a hum of acknowledgement before he walks into the kitchen, grabbing a banana and then we begin our walk to school.

The walk is just as quiet as it was Monday. Except this time I'm thinking about the incident. Or well, more so Jimin, if I'm being honest with myself.

We end up making it to school with 3 minutes to spare, when we walk in all eyes are on me again and I frown. I don't care, but I'm wearing my uniform today so why the fuck are these fucks staring.

Jimin and I walk together again, not that I can't remember where my class is, it's just that his class is right across from mine so either way we're kind of stuck together.

As we're walking, I keep noticing that almost every one we pass has their eyes glued to me and I don't understand. I look over to Jimin to see if he noticed but when I turn my head to look at him all I see is him looking down with heated cheeks.

My brows furrow in confusion and I look back up, and that's when I notice it. They're not staring at me. They're staring at Jimin.

The boy by my side, in his plain black sweater along with the too big for his little head beanie, has all eyes on him. And I can tell he doesn't like it. It's so, so obvious that he's uncomfortable, and that makes me uncomfortable. I don't know why, but I do know that I don't like it.

I start sending everyone who's staring glares. Everyone who looks our way gets a glare from Min Yoongi. I don't know what's come over me, but I don't want people looking at Jimin. Not when it's making him uncomfortable.

I internally ask myself why I care all of a sudden, and I'm not able to answer. I have no clue.

I feel proud of myself as people turn their heads away when they notice my glare, and I might just see Jimin looking somewhere other than the ground out of the corner of my eye.

Soon enough we're arriving at our classes and Jimin goes to his while I go to mine, just now taking notice that Namjoon is in this class, I move over to sit by him. We spend the entire period making jokes and doing anything other than listening.

During the middle of class I take my time to look around the room, taking note of everybody who's in it since yesterday I didn't pay too much attention to the people.

~

During lunch time, I can't help but keep glancing over at Jimin who's sitting with blondie again. I'm not sure why but Jimin has been at the back of my mind all day. I'm brought out of my staring by the sound of Jungkook saying my name and nudging my shoulder.

"Hm?" I say clueless as to what's going on.

He laughs, "I was just wondering," He takes a drink of his water before continuing, "Me and the guys are going out this weekend." He nods to his friends and raises one of his brows. "Wanna come?"

My eyes widen and I almost pray to the heavens for giving me such a wonderful opportunity. "yeah, what time?"

"Probably leave around, Um," He ponders for a moment before talking again, "9 PM, we'll probably out pretty late is that alright?"

"Yeah, no problem." Even though I know Mrs. Park would never let me leave, especially if I planned to be out late, but fortunately for me, sneaking out is my forte.