Nine

*Tuesday*

Jimin's P.O.V

I'm upstairs rushing to get ready while Yoongi is downstairs doing, well, who knows what. Surprisingly he got ready before me, I don't know how, really. But if I had to guess its because I'm a slow poke and I like to make sure I look pretty, even if its just for school, while Yoongi just wakes up and puts on his clothes.

I'm trying to find my ribbon that matches my uniform but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I don't always tie my hair but I definitely wanted to today, considering I woke up with the worst bed head in history and don't have time to fix it. After searching what feels like forever, I give up and grab my beanie that might be a little too big for my head, but I don't have anymore time to look for something else.

Once I put it on my head, I grab my backpack and rush out of my room and down the stairs. Which was a stupid idea; me, rushing down the stairs. I'm too busy staring at my feet, making sure I don't trip to see Yoongi  heading towards the stairs as well. And some how, even with my eyes glued to my feet, I still manage to trip.

I prepare myself to fall on my face as usual. Just as I push my arms out to catch myself, my face hits something that is way softer than any floor I've ever felt, and I instantly feel arms wrap around my mid section.

So here I am, with my face pressed against someones chest, with their arms around me. I know who it is. There's no one else it could possibly be, but I have hope.

I slowly look down, not exactly excited to look up. I take in the site of the arms around me that are definitely not my mothers. I slowly tilt my head back so I can up look at him.

I'm expecting a look of anger or something. But all I see is him looking down at me while biting his lip gently. I'm confused.

I could run away, right out of the door. It's right there in front of me, but Yoongi has his arms wrapped around me tightly, as if he doesn't want me to fall.

I have no idea what to say. Of course, I don't do what any normal person would do, I don't apologize, I don't move. All that comes out of my mouth is;

"Oops."

And I must look terrified, because I am. I don't know much about Yoongi, and he hasn't done anything to hurt me, yet. I've stayed out of his way since he's been here and I've barely talked to him, I even tried my best to avoid him, but here I am in his arms, with no control over the situation.

Again, I don't expect the unexpected. I'm prepared to be punched, or dropped, or shoved away. But what I'm not prepared for is;

"Hi."

Hi? I said oops, who says hi to oops? He helps me stand on my own before pulling his arms away, he stares at me for a bit and I can't help but to be curious of what he's thinking about. Before I can think too much though, he's saying something.

"You should be more careful."

I'm embarrassed. I know I should be careful, do you know how many times I've tripped on these stairs? Lots. He's looking at me like he wants me to say something.

"I- uhm, should. Thank you." After I say it, I divert my eyes anywhere but him, I do realize though that he's still looking at me and I don't understand. Is he planning to punch me? I've gotten punched before, they usually don't wait around and stare at me first.

~

Once we get to school we walk to our first class together again, since they're pretty close to each other. I'm walking beside Yoongi with my head down, but this time, it's not to make sure I don't trip.

It's because I know people are staring at me. They do every day without fail, and I can't stand to see the disgusted looks on their faces as they pass me, so I keep my head down.

I'm wondering if Yoongi notices the stares. So far, Yoongi hasn't said anything rude to me besides a few swear words and telling me to shut up. But I'm scared, what if Yoongi sees how much everyone hates me, and that makes him hate me?

That's how it starts isn't it? One person bullies someone, and then other people see that person as an easy target so they join in.

What if Yoongi joins in? What if he wants to fit in with everyone else?

I don't see it when Yoongi looks at me, but I decide to look at him, to see if he's noticing the staring. But right when I lift my head, I notice something; people aren't staring. And, when they do they're quickly looking away.

My lips turn up into a smile because it feels so good to not have everyone's eyes on me for once. But why? Why aren't they staring? I glance up to look at Yoongi and notice that he has a mean expression across his face and I'm confused, again.

Is he mad?

I look back at the people walking passed us and then back to him. It takes me a minute, but I get it.

They're looking away because of Yoongi.