Thirteen

"Go to your room." She says sternly and walks away into the kitchen. I turn to look at Jimin who's already rushing up the stairs, sniffling and letting out small sobs. And of course, as if things couldn't get worse, he trips on the top step and falls onto his knees.

Yoongi's P.O.V

"Fuck." I mumble under my breath when Jimin falls. What the fuck is His mom's problem? I don't know what happened, but it's obvious Jimin's had a bad day, and just when I cheered him up she goes and knocks him down again.

Who the fuck does she think she is? hurting Jimin.

I rush up the steps to Jimin, placing one hand on his back while gently grabbing his arm, helping him stand back up.

"You're okay, come on." I whisper softly to him, listening to his little sniffles as I walk with him to our room.

We get to the room and I lead him to his bed, letting him sit down while I sit beside him. I watch him a bit as he wipes his nose with his sleeves, before blinking up at me with big sad eyes.

"H-hyung?" I hum and push some of his hairs out of his face, not missing how he winces. "Thank you," He sniffles again and looks down to his lap, "for helping me, and b-being nice."

"Of course." I smile down at him and then the unexpected happens, a hug.

I look down to the familiar sight of pink hair against my chest and I wrap my arms around him, rubbing his back soothingly.

I don't know what's gotten into me, I never comfort people, not even ex boyfriends, I let them deal with their own problems.

But there's something inside of me, something that makes me want to help this young boy, something making me want to protect Jimin from all of the horrible and bad things in this fucked up world.

He doesn't deserve to be yelled at, especially not for something as stupid as being late.

I keep telling myself that maybe it's just a brotherly type thing.

Jimin's young, and I have a lot of siblings so maybe it's like an instant feeling of needing to help him.

Jimin pulls away and looks back up at me with flushed cheeks and wet eyelashes, mumbling out a small "S-sorry." Before looking back down to his lap.

"Why are you sorry?" I push his hairs back out of his face again and he doesn't say anything for a minute, until he's reaching out and poking at my chest, I look down to see a small wet spot from his tears.

I smile at him before shrugging, "It's alright." He nods and plays with his little polished fingers.

I help him out of his school cardigan and stand up, "I'll go get you some water." I say and he nods his head while biting his lower lip.

"Thank you." He says and I nod before walking out of the room and shutting the door behind me.

What the hell am I doing? What the hell is he doing to me?

I shake away my thoughts and go downstairs and into the kitchen to be met with the sight of Mrs. Park cooking dinner.

"Oh, hey Yoongi. Mind telling Jimin to come help me with dinner?" She says casually as I walk into the kitchen.

The fuck?

"Excuse me?" I say, letting out a short laugh.

"I said, go tell Jimin I need help." She turns back to look at me and I walk over to the fridge, opening it to get a bottle of water.

"No." I say as I grab the bottle before shutting the fridge.

"Young man." She states.

"Old woman."

She sighs, wiping her hands on her apron. "You're going back upstairs anyways right? Why can't you tell him?"

"He's not feeling well, I'll help you with dinner if you want, but Jimin's not helping you tonight." I'm about to walk away, but my feelings get the best of me.

"Jimin didn't deserve that. You yelling at him and all." I stare at her, "He already had a really bad day. I took him out for some ice cream to cheer him up, and you just yell at him for something so fucking stupid. We were a little late but what's the big deal? Jimin was with me. He was safe."  I don't know why I'm doing this. I don't know why I've done any of this, but I can't help it.

She shakes her head, almost as if she's ashamed and sighs again. "I know" She states, "I know I'm hard on him. It's just, you've seen Jimin, it doesn't take a genius to know he's not strong, and that just makes me worry. Back in primary school he was teased pretty badly. Last time he was late a group of boys had ganged up on him and he came home crying. So, I set a time I wanted him to be home, so if he was late I would know something was wrong. He's always on time, so when he came in late today, I was just scared. And now that he's getting older, I worry more and more, teenagers are ruthless. Thank you though, Yoongi. For being nice to him, I know it means a lot to him, and me."

I nod, I guess that makes sense for her to worry. Jimin seems so fragile, like a little porcelain doll that should only be carried and touched with the utmost of care. How could anybody hurt him?

"Does, Um," My thoughts scramble in my head, trying to figure out how I want to word my question. "Does he still get, you know, teased?" I ask, furrowing my brows a bit, thinking back to how upset he's seemed today.

"Oh, no. That stopped back in primary school, I just know how teenagers are, and with Jimin being Jimin, I think anyone would worry." She shrugs, and continues cooking. "Are you going to help?"

I nod, "Yeah, just let me take this to Jimin." She hums and I run upstairs and into Jimin's room.

When I walk in, the first thing I notice is Jimin sleeping, his duvet bunched up at the bottom of the bed and his little legs curled up in a slight fetal position.

I notice he took his socks off and I glance down, taking in the sight of his red knees from where he tripped and fell on the carpet.

I maybe let my eyes trail up to his exposed thighs, and his little tummy peaking out from the bottom of his shirt, before they move up to his face, taking in the sight of his pretty and pink parted lips, flushed cheeks and messy hair that are splayed all along his forehead.

Once I realize what I'm doing, I quickly look away and walk over to the bedside table to sit his water down.

I'm about to walk out of the room when I think of something, I turn back around and move over to Jimin's bed. I grab the duvet and pull it up, covering up his pretty legs and exposed tummy, moving it up to cover his arms, when something stops me, something that catches the corner of my eye.

That something being a not so small, semi dark purple mark on Jimin's upper arm. I grab his arm gently, careful not to wake him, and move it around a bit so I can see the mark better, noticing how it goes all the way around his small arm.

My brow furrows in confusion, what the fuck is this? Obviously it's a bruise, but what the fuck caused it?

I'm genuinely confused, until I see it, a thumb mark. It's then that I notice that, not only is there a thumb mark, but there's finger marks. This bruise was caused by someone's hands.

Someone's hands who were on Jimin.