The Choice

"Come on, keep up." Victor shoved my shoulder, making me trip over my foot. I let out a yelp, but Victor pulls me back up by my shirt.

"Take it easy, maybe?" Ian says behind us. 

"Fuck off, Ian." Victor moves his hand from my back and slides it down over my ass. I whip around ready to slap him, but I bite my tongue and halt my assault when I see his amused smile. 

"Don't touch me," I bite out. He only responds with a scoff and then snatches my upper arm. We finally exit the woods and stumble towards two parked trucks. I look around and begin to panic. "Where's Matt? What'd you do to Danny?"

"Don't worry, they're alive. When Ian did his mission impossible, Tarzan routine-he made sure they got out." I crane my neck trying to get a look at Ian as best as I could. He gave me a stiff nod of the head, making me relax a little. At least I knew Matt was safe, and that he was getting Danny help. 

My phone begins ringing and we all freeze. Daniel snatches the phone from my back pocket and holds it up. 

"Barbaric Eric." Daniel mutters. "Your brother, right?" 

"If I don't answer they'll know something is wrong. The cops have already been watching my neighborhood. It wouldn't take long to put pieces together." Daniel gives me an annoyed look as he gives me the phone.

"Speaker."

I nod my head softly and answer the phone, putting it on speaker. I look up to Daniel. 

"H-hello?" 

"Where the hell are you!?" Eric's voice rattled the phone. I almost pushed the phone back into Daniel's hands. 

"Ummm...," I look around not knowing what to say. I was seconds away from blurting out the truth when I saw Victor raise his shirt and begin lifting a gun from his waistband. "I'm-I,"

"Jamie, are you okay? Mom is worried sick. She's standing here with an officer." His voice lowered, muffled into the phone. Daniel raised an eyebrow and held his hand out to Victor who places the gun in his palm. He removed the safety and placed the gun at Ian's head. I felt my throat tighten as Ian clenched his jaw. 

"Yes. Yes, I'm okay. I'm actually with Rebecca right now." I purposely tighten my voice at her name. 

"How are y-,"

"I'm with her right now. I've been at her house all day. Tell mom not to worry." I pray Eric can pick up that I'm being listened to. He obviously knows I'm lying by the silence on the other line. He went on  a date with Rebecca today, he knows I haven't been with her all day. "Eric?" 

"...Okay." He says. "Okay, well how about I come pick you up?"

I look to Daniel who shakes his head.

"I think I'll spend the night. Also, I wouldn't call Rebecca, it's going to be girl's night for once."

Daniel smiled in front of me. 

He began dancing and mouthing the words, "Girl's night!" over and over. 

I was very close to spitting on him. 

"I've go to go, Eric. Rebecca wants help feeding her cat." Rebecca is allergic to cats, if he's such a good boyfriend he should know that. Daniel rips the phone out of my hand before Eric can respond and hangs up. 

"Cute. Let's get going." Daniel nods to Victor who grabs Ian by his biceps. 

"Where are we going?" I ask quickly. 

"I have something I want you to see. Don't worry, this won't take long." Daniel opened up the trunk of the black escalade and nodded his head to Victor. I turned around as I heard a muffled struggle. I watched Ian kick at the ground as Victor removed the rag from his face. I had attempted to step forward to help Ian but Daniel pulled me back.