74

[amber’s pov]

He seemed so distanced the entire time, as if he was just lost in his own thoughts, “Harry, you there?” I repeated and his eyes snapped up from having been gazing on the silver ring on his finger; he probably hadn’t heard a word of what I’d asked him. Or tried to ask anyway.

“What? Sorry I just kind of -” his raspy voice swept in over me with new awareness and a little concern. While the low comfortable buzzing of the bus engine roared through the place, I took his warm hand.

“I was just asking if you told Aria I would come too - if she knows?” He had called her while I had finished my shower, so I hadn’t heard.

“Oh ehm no - no I think I forgot to mention your actual name. I think I just said ‘we’? It’s so weird she doesn’t know yet in some way, I didn’t think it through - sorry,” he mumbled looking at our entwined hands. We were sitting in the back of the bus very closely; Harry had his arm loosely around me and I was resting against his side. He smelled so endlessly lovely and felt so warm. I could stay here in this dead boring bus forever as long as he was here too - if it hadn’t been for the fact that I was absolutely starving.

The sky outside was gradually turning darker and darker even though it was probably about five or something like that.

“It’s okay - I wonder how she’s going to react? She’s probably never thought of this... combination before,” I smiled up at him, but once again his eyes told me he was lost in thoughts - so deeply my words didn’t really truly reach him.

“Hm-mm,” he hummed in response pulling me a little closer, meanwhile I was observing the men and women who were getting into the bus - all of them in the thick winter coats and huge scarves. I stayed silent after that, as the bus closed its doors and started moving again. Instead I kept thinking about what money Harry’s father was keeping from him? It must have some connection to that weekend event thing, Harry had told me about.

“Do you sometimes feel like a prisoner in your own little world?” Harry whispered, as he nudged his nose into the curve of my neck. His arm pulled me closer to him and his playfulness was such a natural move from him I just enjoyed it; he placed a light kiss on my neck.

“Sometimes I guess yeah - just before I dropped out of uni I definitely felt that way,” my eyes sought to the left and ran over the inside of the bus, while Harry kept heating my cheeks with those light wet kisses he placed right under my jaw. We were so curled up in each other and with the huge winter coats, I wasn’t sure any of the other passengers even noticed the insults of love he so gently placed on my sensitive skin.

“Was that the reason you dropped out of uni?” He asked muffled in between the kisses, while I steadied myself with placing a hand on his knee closest to me; I was sitting facing him and the side of the bus trying to keep myself together and forming a sentence that would actually make sense. His hand found mine on his knee and held it in place. God, he made my entire world spin.

“Partly yeah,” I managed to breathe out. On one hand I didn’t want him to stop - but on the other I felt totally exposed by feeling like this in a bus with other strangers. So maybe most of them were facing the opposite direction since we were here in the very back, but - but. Oh god, what was he doing with his tongue? My breath hitched and a small gasp escaped my lips, as I totally forgot about everything around me - there were only him and his damn heavenly tongue.

[harry’s pov]

I smiled triumphantly against her skin, as I heard the small gasp leave her lips. It was so enthralling discovering the places on her body, where she was especially sensitive. It was just like exploring some long lost treasure island for the first time and finding these spots was like finding a lost lone ruby in the tangled jungle.