thirteen

lea | alec

lea | alec

EXHALING AN exasperating breath, Lea dunks her head into her pillow. The room is confined in the night silence and she allows her mind to bury deep into her thoughts.

A wave of dim-lit sorrow tugs at her, but she pushes it away, immediately, whilst opening the window next to her. The cold winds flush through her skin and she pulls the thin material that's wrapped around her skin closer. The sound of people's footsteps and murmurs echoes in her ears but she distracts herself, forcing her eyes to wander through the night sky.

i know i'm breaking the bro code, but seb was home last night and he told me that you look beautiful.

Her brows, instantly, tense at the corners as she pulls her lips to embark on producing a dangerously wide grin. His texts always made her smile but the thought of him thinking that she is beautiful invents knots low in her belly.

you told me you guys don't talk much and here you are talking about me.

one way or another, you're the reason we are. that isn't so bad, is it?

aww i'm glad i could be of help. i didn't know i had the power to establish communication between two brothers.

i feel really awful. he should be the one talking to you right now and it's like i stole his opportunity.

woah, there. you think talking to me is an opportunity? you overestimate me, alec.

and, none of this would've happened if he had a phone for himself. i seriously wonder why he still doesn't have one. it's the biggest mystery of the century.

trust me, i know.

by the way, we actually spoke a lot in a while yesterday, thanks to you.

or, as i might call what is ' family bonding'.

yeah, that too.

it's funny everything's changing with you in my life.

is that supposed to be in a good way?

in the best way.

how has your day been so far?

good, I guess? the girls are out partying yet again. and, well you know me, confined in the late night silence.

remind me again, you don't like to party? i didn't know that.

i thought it was pretty clear. people getting together to get wasted is not fun.

i'm pretty boring, that's kinda obvious.

boring is really not a word to describe you. lone-spirited will suffice.

it's been only a few days and you already know me. quite imaginative, are you?

shouldn't you be studying? i thought late nights were when you studied.

i'm tired.

tell me about your day.

i'd rather not talk about it.

another bad day? you poor thing.

i have you to cheer me up, so it isn't so bad anymore.

you make me look like a clown at a birthday party.

and you told me your birthday's soon. when is it?

all in good time, lea. it's tomorrow.

enjoy being the reckless kid you are right now. you'll be an adult tomorrow.

you make it sound like i'm turning 80. 18's no big deal.

alec, i know i haven't told you this, but i'm glad we're friends.

i'm glad we're friends too.

you should get some sleep. and, happy birthday.

thank you, lea.

this girl's gotta get some beauty sleep too. talk to you tomorrow.

good night :)

good night, alec.

She shuts her phone close and throws it on the far side of her bed. A smile lingers on her lips but her mind is far away from reality, dreaming of a face, an unfamiliar one, yet so familiar.

She wonders if he has eyes brown like morning wood, dark like coffee or soft like chai latte. She wonders if they are blue, dark like the ocean on a thunderstorm or light like the morning sky on a summer day. Her eyes light up as she reflects the image of him and wonders if his hair is curly blonde - the kind she once loved - or straight pitch black like midnight.

But all those things didn't matter.

As long as it was like him, that was all that mattered.

•••

A/N: I know this was kind of a filler chapter but I loved writing it so much. Meaningless conversations lead to something meaningful and this was one. Hope you liked the chapter.

Spread the love, Nova x