Inked (Steve One-shot)

Characters: reader, Steve, Natasha, Clint, Sam.

Summary: Reader is in her 20s and an Avenger with a bit of a wild streak. Her relationship with Steve is strictly professional until she makes a surprising discovery on a mission. Events occur about a year after CA:TWS.

Warnings: tattoos, mentions of death, blood, mild violence, sexy fluff. :)

_____________________________

The Quinjet was making its descent as you stood and steadied your self against the cool metal walls, weapons secure on your back. Steve stepped up next to you, slipping on his helmet and securing the strap under his chin.

"Could you hand me my shield, Y/N?"

"Sure, Cap," you replied, grabbing the red, white, and blue shield that was leaning against the seats to your left and passed it to the man on your right.

"Thanks. You ready?"

"I was born ready," you said confidently.

He smirked, "Yeah, well, let's not get cocky."

You pulled your face into a serious expression. "Sir, yes sir!" you mocked with a salute.

He gave a small chuckle, shaking his head. As he turned his attention to Sam on his other side, you took advantage of his distraction as you gave him a good once-over. Man, he really was extremely attractive. That chiseled jaw below piercing blue eyes, broader shoulders than any man should be allowed to have that then narrowed down his torso to an impossibly narrow waist. Impressive thighs, though. You were a sucker for good thighs. Under that kevlar uniform you knew there were also some exquisite abs and pecs to die for, thanks to the outdoor pool at Avengers Tower where the team hung out regularly. Bless Tony Stark for giving you the opportunity to see Steve Rogers shirtless. Hallelujah!

However, with all his good qualities, he was just a little too vanilla for you. Straight-laced goody-two-shoes Steve Rogers didn't quite fit into your type when it came to men, which was namely trouble makers and heart breakers. Not great for you in the long run, but it sure was fun when things were good. Your last disaster of a relationship had ended 4 months ago when your winner of a boyfriend skipped town unexpectedly, followed by a lame text saying something about not being good at goodbyes. Coward.

Now you had a brand new reminder to keep things in perspective, willing yourself not to itch the bandaged flesh on the outside of your left thigh that was now covered by your combat suit. Your newest tattoo was still healing a week later, now reaching the if-I-can't-scratch-it-I'm-gonna-die stage. But you didn't. You knew the process well, what with this fresh ink being your sixth piece of body art.

You had received mixed responses from the Team when they first found out about them. Sam and Natasha thought they were cool, Clint and Bruce really had no opinion but figured it was your body, and Tony was a little too fatherly, often reminding you "those are permanent, you know that, right? What if you change your mind?". Eye roll. Steve actually never said a word about them, but you figured he wouldn't approve of a woman permanently "scarring" herself or something old-fashioned. Jerk.

Shaking off the judgement and the need to scratch, you turned your attention to the mission as the Quinjet made a quiet landing at the edge of a lush, green forest. This branch of HYDRA apparently had gone tropical, realizing that the Avengers had cleaned out most of Easter Europe of the scum. Somewhere in Argentina, you stepped out onto the mossy forest floor, fingering the blades peaking just above your shoulders. Steve stepped out in front of the group and started giving orders when suddenly shots rang out in the clearing. They knew you were coming.