Chapter XXVIII

And it was Quidditch time again. I skipped to the pitch with Lily and Alice, as Molly had gone with Arthur and Sirius, Remus and Peter had gone with James. I sat down on my commentating spot and said goodbye to Lily and Alice. This was going to be great! I’d missed commentating. McGonagall took her spot next to me. ‘Oh Merlin.’ She said when she saw my happy face. ‘Why did I allow this?’

‘Because you love me professor.’ I said cheekily.

‘Don’t ruin this opportunity Miss Campbell.’ She said seriously.

‘Ooh professor you know me, of course I will.’ A huge smile appeared on my face. Before she could react to what I’d just said the teams entered the pitch.

‘And there are the Gryffindors! Applause,  applause please. Look at our new Headboy and old Quitdditch Captain and chaser James Potter. He still hasn’t won Lily over but we all know he will eventually!

‘Hey Lily! Why don’t we make a deal? We win, you kiss.’ I looked at her and she gave me evils. Oh how I love being her friend. James on the other hand gave me thumbs up.

‘Miss Campbell stop that now! You’re supposed to be commentating not match making!’ She shook her head.

‘We have a new seeker, please welcome Dave Mclean, he’s replacing our awesome seeker Holden so he has a lot to live up to, no pressure. New Chaser Jack Daniels welcome to the team, and our old chaser Pollard. Beaters Gilmore and Walsh and keeper Fields.

‘Next is the Hufflepuff team. Really, seriously what the hell is a Hufflepuff anyway. I mean sure, they belong here and they’re supposed to be kind and stuff but what are they?!’

‘Miss Campbell!’

‘Okay never mind! Say hello to Captain and beater Taylor. I have no idea who’s new and stuff but then again, you probably didn’t expect that I knew. And there are the chasers, Lloyd, Hart and Holmes and keeper, Young and the other beater Harrison. And last the seeker Cole.

‘Captains shake hands. Well done. Good job! You deserve a cookie.’

‘Campbell they’re not five!’

I grinned. ‘Okay mount your brooms.’ I let out a giggle.

‘Stop being so immature!’

‘Sorry for that. Okay the balls are released and there goes the snitch, the seeker who catches the snitch first earns their team 150 points and thereby ends the game. Look at them go! Lloyd catches the Quaffle passes to Holmes, passes back to Lloyd. Lloyd to Hart, Hart to Holm- intercepted by Potter. Potter to Daniels, Daniels to Pollard, Pollard back to Daniels, Daniels to Potter, Potter back to Pollard, Pollard scores! 10-0 for Gryffindor!’ I shouted into the microphone before taking a  deep breath. ‘Wow we’re good!’

‘Stop being so biased! As a commentator you should be neutral!’

‘Well, sooo-rryyy!’ I said. ‘Hufflepuff’s Hart takes the ball, look at him go. He’s fast, but then again he’s on the newest nimbus. No wonder he’s fast, it’s all in the broom. Will he pass to Lloyd? No apparently he’s planning on doing it all by himself, he shoots and- stopped by our awesome keeper Fields.’ McGonagall glared at me so I smiled widely.

‘Fields to Daniels, did you know that this is Fields’ last year? Yes, that’s right my fellow Gryffindors, next year we’ll be needing a new keeper! Oh, I will miss Fields he’s a great keeper, wait a holy second… this is my last year as well. Never mind I don’t care. Sorry Fields. I’m sure Madelyn does though, yeaaah that’s right, I’ve heard. Kissing in a broom closet eh? Not that classy. Well whatever floats your boat. Yup I know my shit.’ I said.

‘Miss Campbell stop swearing and pay attention to the game! Hufflepuff has scored!’

‘What? NO! HOW DARE THEY! Damn those Jigglypuffs.’

 ‘Campbell!’

‘Fine! 10-10 then. Pollard to Potter, Potter to Daniels, back to Potter. You better score this time Potter or I will kick your butt! DON’T YOU DARE MAKE THAT FACE AT ME!’ I yelled at him and he threw the ball and scored. ‘Better. 20-10 for the coolest team Hogwarts has ever seen! And no James, we’re still not changing our house name to the house of Potter and Gryffindor common room will never be the Potter Cave. Kay? Understood? Great then we can continue.

‘Stop looking at me like that professor!’ I said. ‘Merlin! I know I’m attractive but pleeeeease, refrain yourself!’ I said cheekily.

‘Campbell!’

‘Okay sorry. Okay where’s the Quaffle right now? Ah! There it is. Lloyd to Hart. DROP IT! DROP IT! Intercepted by Daniels. You know what I just realized? Jack Daniels is a muggle Whiskey! That’s so funny! Ey Daniels! You get people drunk! How does that fee- okay! Sorry professor!’

(A/N I just found out it was liquor XD I walked past our liquor closet and saw Jack Daniels and I had to laugh XD I’m so pathetic)

‘Daniels to Pollard, Pollard back to Daniels, Daniels scores and makes 30-10. Man, this game takes an awful long time! Could you please hurry up and get the snitch!’ I slumped down in my seat and kicked my feet up on the table. A long time later I was half asleep on the chair and was the score had turned to 170-130. You can guess how long I had been on that chair if you look at the score.

‘Okay the only way the Huffelpuffies can win is catch the snitch, but then again I’ve seen the Gryffindors practice and let’s be honest, our seeker is wicked fast. So let’s hope that this game’s over fast. Because this is incredibly boooooooring.’

‘Campbell!’

‘C’mon professor, everybody agrees with me!’ Some students mumbled in agreement. ‘You see!’

‘Campbell!’

‘Okay fine. Hart scores by the way. 170-140. Wait a second! McLean is diving! Has he seen the snitch? Apparently he has! Come on Mclean… YES! MCLEAN HAS CAUGHT THE SNITCH AND ENDS THE GAME WITH 320-140 FOR GRYFFINDOR! GREAT JOB! Next game is Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw! Be there if you care, and if you don’t give a crap don’t come. This was Faith Campbell your awesome commentator! Bye!’

And I ran down the stairs. I saw Remus and Sirius making their way down the stairs so I jumped on Sirius’ back, making him almost tumble over. Luckily, he was able to steady himself. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he steadied my legs.

‘Walk faster, horsey.’ Remus laughed and shook his head.

‘I’m not a horse, I’m a dog remember?’ Sirius laughed. ‘If you want a horse, you should ask James.’

‘I’m not a horse, Padfoot.’ James said as he joined us.

‘Nice game Prongs.’ I said from Sirius’ back. ‘Well played.’

‘Thanks Sparkle. Now where’s Lily?’

‘Oh yeah! She has to kiss you now, doesn’t she?’ I jumped down from Sirius’ back and together we looked for Lily. When we finally found her, I pushed her right into James. He caught her before she fell and quickly kissed her on her lips. I expected her to freak out and run away, but she did the complete opposite. She wrapped her arms around his neck and stood on her tiptoes.

Sirius and Remus joined my side. I brushed a fake tear away and sniffed emotionally. ‘It’s beautiful to see your kids grow up.’