Maybe

You knew you should have never messed with a man that was in a relationship but the things he said to you, made you forget that he already had someone waiting at home for him.

Maybe I should call... you thought grabbing your phone from the small table in your living room.

It's been about three or four months since y'all last talked. That night he had you stressing to where you wanted to pull your hair out. You loved him, he loved you, but he didn't want to leave her because she was pregnant.

He told you he was going to purpose to her so he had to break everything off with you.

FaceTiming your friend to vent, you waited for the call to connect.

When you first told her how you had a crush on a dude that was taken, she gave you a speech about not being, "that girl". She didn't respect the relationship but since you were her friend, she kept most of her comments to herself because she knew it would end bad.

"What you doing?" You asked when her face came into view.

"Trying to get some dick," She said smacking on her chips.

"Oh my gosh." You laughed. This was her on the regular. You were used to it by now but it was still funny. "Something is wrong with you!"

"I know," She said looking down and grabbing a fallen chip off her bed sheet. "So why you call?"

You never call. You like to text. She's the one that would call without warning. You only call to talk about something important.

"I just need to speak to my best friend," you admitted.

"The one who shouldn't be named?" Nodding your head, you watched as she stuffed another chip in her mouth. "I'm all ears."

"Do you think I'm stupid for still wanting him?"

"Yes." Giving her a disbelief face, you started to feel some type of way.

"What did you expect me to say? You're stupid, stupid as hell and I tell you this all the time. Don't act all surprised now. You knew what you were getting yourself into. He has been with that girl since High School and you thought he'll leave her for you? You're in love with him but he only loves you, Y/N." Wiping your tears away, you knew you should've listened to her back when you first told her about him but something about him wouldn't allow you to.

"You think I should go to her as a woman?"

"Uh, no. What's done is done. Don't try to ruin their relationship either because you want him." Pointing a finger at you, she licked off the powder from the chips.

"I didn't ruin anything." You tried to argue.

"Yet." She mumbled.

"You know something I don't?" You questioned going to Snapchat.

"I know you didn't just put me on pause. I know you, that's all I'm going to say."

"Whatever."

-

Ringing the doorbell to Keith's house, you seen it was safe to come over because you didn't see her car in the driveway.

I'm just here to speak to him, you said to yourself.

Hearing the locks be undone, you looked in the eyes of a women when the door opened.

"Yes, how may I help you?" She asked pulling her cardigan tighter over her growing belly.

"Hey, I'm here to speak to Keith. Is he home?"

"Yes but who are you?"

"Y/N. I'm working on a script for an upcoming movie with him." You hurried up and thought of the most believable lie.

"Oh. Come in." Walking in before you, you waited for her to walk in front of you. "I'll go get him. You can have a sit on the couch."

Looking around the living room, you seen pictures of Keith and her at their prom and social events. Pictures you've seen more than enough times.

Hearing footsteps, Keith walked into the living room with a casual outfit on.

Standing up, he stopped in front of you giving you a look they should've killed you. "What are you doing here, Y/N?" Looking behind him, he quickly grabbed your wrist and pulled you with him outside.

"I missed you, baby." You whispered. Wiping his hand down his face, he mumbled, "this girl is crazy."

"Look, you have to leave. Why would you come here anyways? You're supposed to call!" Taking your phone out of your back pocket, you went to your messages to him and the last message you sent him never said 'Delivered'. So that let you know that he had blocked you.

"I couldn't when I'm on the block list." You hissed locking your phone back. "Plus I didn't know she was here. Her car isn't in the driveway."

"It's in the shop. Again, why are you here, I broke up with you."

"We were never together for you to break up with me!" You almost yelled.

"Yo, you are crazy." He laughed.

"I'm not. That's just common sense."