Chapter 26

"Again" I heard over the heavy breathing and grunts reverberating off the large gymnasium walls.

I stopped dead in my tracks.

"Where are we?" I asked tremulous, I was nervous about being in a room with so many eyes, not to mention the odd weapon that caught my gaze every now and again.

"We are in the training centre for this district of my pack. This is the third biggest one, I had it constructed with the purpose of catering to all ages and skill levels. My goal was to develop and train my pack in a timeframe of six years to the equivalent of what would take others thirty. So far it's proved to be very effective; training the current generation while preparing the next. While our adults have honed and trained their skills I have no doubt the children will grow to exceed them."

Hunter's eyes lit up as he spoke about his pack, he talked like he practiced this speech in front of the mirror over and over. It wasn't him talking, it was the leader of the Red Druid pack. I was beginning to notice the difference between the two.

We walked past the entrance and through the massive building, Hunter stopping every so often to comment on the designs or projects he had going on. We passed by some people. They would bow their heads in a sign of respect, but not without quickly assessing me before Hunter would notice. From the looks on their faces and their scents, it seemed I scored mix emotions.

It was all so overwhelming. I've never so badly wished the ground could open up and swallow me.

I didn't want to be here. My muscles twitched relentlessly, I was beginning to feel antsy. My soul scratching at its cell walls, wanting to be free like a caged bird. I still wanted to escape from the Red Druid pack. But without any idea on where to start I knew I had to bit my lip and bid me some time. At least until Hunter loosens my leash a bit, perhaps I could try and be on his good side. Obey him a little, play nice, maybe stroke his ego.

"I know something a little more fun to stroke." Magara purrs out.

"Be quiet, we'll be doing nothing of the sorts." I snapped back at her before she makes the entire gym smell of her lust.

The training centre was set up inside a large facility that would put my pack's little gym to shame. It had a full size pool on the ground floor, which had several males and females swimming laps so fast they could be part fish instead of wolf. It also had an indoor track as well as several basketball courts and a soccer field. On the second floor the ceiling was very high and went all the way up to the roof, I could probably throw a baseball as high as I could and not even scratch the top. It had a rock climbing wall built into the far left side, many of the younger children I could see utilized it the most. Then in the main area several quadrants were separated and had around 15-25 people in each one being lead by what looked to be a trainer. Each had different equipment, but the groups all had a large rectangular mat for sparring underneath. They all practiced combat. I could see the groups ranged by age and skill, the little kids working more to the left of the building and the more advanced on the right of the building.

"What are we doing here?" I scowled and looked at Hunter who surveyed his pack.

Not even looking at me he continued to examine the fighters. "You're here to learn how to fight." He said, his voice deep and velvety as always.

I rolled my eyes and heard a scoff come from my throat. "Um... yeah. I already know how to fight. I'm the best warrior in my pack." I crossed my arms.

Hunter finally looked at me, he had bags underneath his eyes. Probably from having to sleep on the couch last night because we both know if he tried crawling into bed with me he'd be losing his 'little Alpha'.