Chapter 27

Sean POV
I was on cloud nine. I was in seventh heaven and every other metaphors that could describe happiness.

Finally.
Finally.

As we pulled away, two loud voices snapped us out of our dazed states.
"Liz!" Liz's friend, Quinn shouted in shock.
"Liz?!" Jake shouted at the same time as her, sounding even more shocked, if that was even possible.

Our heads snapped to our respective friends.
Jake's expression was priceless.
He rushed forward, immediately checking if I had a fever.
"Since when?!" He looked so confused I had to hold back from laughing.
"Since when what?"
"When You and freaking Liz Summers became a couple?"
"A second ago."I said loud enough for her to hear. I smirked, glancing at her. She was probably explaining to Quinn but I was certain she heard me.

She turned around.
"Says who?" She quirked an eyebrow playfully.
"Says me." I retorted.
She let out a playful scoff.
I felt Jake turn me back to face him.
"And you didn't tell me?" He looked appalled.
I chuckled at his expression.
"You would freak out like what you are doing now."
"You-"
The bell rings, signalling the end of lunch, which meant we had to return back to class.
Quinn was already dragging Liz away but I managed to grasp onto Liz's hand before she got away.

"What time are you ending class today?" I actually felt slightly nervous knowing that she now knows about my feelings.
"6...I have some things to do. Why?" She asked, cocking her head slightly.

"Perfect. Let's go on our first date... if you want...after the Pizzeria closes I mean... and if your Grandma allows..."

She blushed slightly, before she looked away shyly and seemed like she was thinking about it.
Please say yes. Please say yes.
" I don't know... it really depends on my mood then..." She chuckled, teasing me before she agreed, making me sigh in relief.

"Where and when?" She asked.
"That's on my part. You just have to appear. " I shot her a smile which she gladly returned.

"Sean?" She said as I turned to leave. My head turned towards her only to be caught by surprise by her small innocent peck on my cheek.

"See you..." she blushed once again before scurrying off.
I almost swooned like a lovesick teenager.
Well technically I am a lovesick teenager but. Thats not the point.
Basically, I can't wait for tonight to come...
All of a sudden. I panicked.
Shit. I don't actually know how to act on a date.
Fuck. Why didn't I go on some practice date before I asked her?
Stupid.
"What are you thinking about now?"
My eyes snapped towards Jake.
"Liz Summers?" He said as he wiggled his eyebrows.
"Who else?" I replied calmly, hoping to irk him with my nonchalant response.
He rolled his eyes.
"Well, you seem nervous." He nodded towards my wringing hands.
"I do not." I lied.
"Yes you do." He retorted. God he was like a child.
I rolled my eyes.
"Aww... is Sean nervous for his first date?" He taunted.
I glared at him, hating how accurate he was being.
"I can help you know..."
"In what way?"
"How to act... what to wear, where to go... I'm more experienced than you."
"Tell me then."
And thats how I spent the whole day at school learning from Jake the art of dating.

Liz POV
Quinn almost burst my ear drums with her squeals once I told her about our date.
"You are one lucky girl. And also, One horrible best friend to keep so many things from me."
I chuckled.
"Quinn... he's adorable and so sweet and..." i sighed dreamily. Finally. I can finally admit that he was an adorable dork under all that charm and flirting.

" You are a lovesick puppy..." she smiled at me.
"Thanks...." I held my cheeks in a daze. really hope school ends quickly. I have a date to look forward to!

As expected, the whole day drawled on and on and it seemed like an eternity before school even ended. Plus the fact that I still have some after school activities, its only adding to my anxiousness and excitement.

When it was officially time to go home, I had to stop myself from actually running. I ended up speed walking down the path, my heart beating nervously.
I don't even remember being this excited for my first date with... ew. Leo.

As I neared the pizzeria, I forced myself to walk slower and be calmer. I didn't need Sean knowing how excited I am. His ego would be too big to handle then.

I cleared my throat and tucked my hair behind my ears before I stepped through the doors of the pizzeria, acting as calm as possible, as if I don't have anything on later.

As I walked in, my eyes subtly scanned the pizzeria for Sean and sure enough, he was there, cleaning up the tables.

At first, he barely noticed me entering the pizzeria, which honestly disappointed me.
I stole a glance at him once more and at that moment, he looked up too, looking as if he was also trying to be subtly and we made eye contact. It seemed as if we were both sending a message to each other, reminding each other of the date later. At the thought of the date, I couldn't help but let a faint smile appear on my face. I watched as Sean's lip twitched into a smile as well.
Guess I'm not the only one feeling excited...

I walked into the kitchen, greeting my grandma.
"I'll mop us yeah?" I said as I took out the mop from the storeroom.
She smiled at me, her eyes crinkling up adorably.
"Thanks Dearie... and Sean told me that he's going out with you once the pizzeria closes. What for?" She seemed confused. My eyes widened in horror as realisation dawned on me. I totally forgot that my grandma still doesn't know about Sean and I.
Is she going to freak out and fire Sean and ground me for life?
Please don't let her get a heart attack!
I mean... she's not that overprotective but I don't know about her impression of Sean as a potential date for her granddaughter. Not to mention the fact that I ranted a lot about him before I even got to know him. Oops.

But how am I going to explain to my grandma that I'm dating Sean...?