Chapter 29

Katarina didn't register anything with any real care until Milo led the way to his bed and pulled her into a lingering kiss. He could feel her essence flowing through his veins; she felt light, like she was on a cloud.

Milo removed her white shirt. He was teased her with whispers and kisses and brief touches. His lips met hers as he undid the back fastening of her skirt. His mouth was on her neck all too briefly as he caught the bottom of her tank top and lifted it up off her head.

"You're mine Katie...make love to me...accept me as your mate." He asked in breathy whispers as he undressed her. His mouth found hers again and Katarina gave in for good.

Milo moaned low and deep in his throat as he felt her tongue in his mouth, toying with his own. He hadn't kissed her like this before.

It felt incredible to know that it was her he was kissing, her tongue in his mouth and his in hers. He wanted more, and more and more, of everything. But he also wanted it to last and linger and never stop. He knew he couldn't have both.

They kissed long and passionately, ignoring everything else but their kiss. He felt her fingers in his hair, his little wolf, his Katie, tugging and holding on for dear life. He felt his fingers gripping her waist, pulling her soft, delicate hips towards him.

"Katarina," he gasped, cupping her head in his hands as he brought their all too wonderful kiss to an end. "Mate with me. Right here. Right now." He asked, before kissing her again tenderly. He wanted more than just sex, more than making love.

Two shifters could make love before their union and not be mated, but it wasn't generally accepted. Mating required specific thoughts and words. Milo couldn't see why they felt what they felt so strongly, if not for that reason. Why had they both felt their senses taken over by their wolves, if not for the express reason that a mating required the dual consent of both the human and wolf side of the shifter?

"Please little wolf, I need you." He begged as the Alpha should never have to beg. But right then, Milo didn't feel like an Alpha. He felt like a shifter begging his mate to make him complete.

"Yes." Katarina whispered into his mouth as she kissed him. Her hands were at the waistband of his joggers and the whole world shifted for them.

Their kiss took heat and they removed the last of the clothing barriers between them. The move onto the bed was grudging because it meant they had to separate, even for a moment.

Milo couldn't take his eyes off Katarina as she sat down on the bed and slowly edged her way back until she could lay her head down on the pillow.

He almost couldn't breathe, looking at her. There were no clothes on her; nothing to hide her beauty and that hungry, seductive look in her eyes. She was right earlier; she wasn't afraid any more. Of anything. She was his and that was all she needed to keep her safe.

Milo climbed onto the bed and took a moment to enjoy the view. I love you. He told her, hoping that this time she wasn't going to shut him out. You are my mate...my true mate and I will never leave you. He promised, running a gentle hand over her ankle as he adored her.

Katarina smiled and lifted herself onto her elbows to look at him. I love you, Alpha. You are my true mate and I will never leave you. She promised in return.

Milo smiled as he felt his senses kick up a notch at that promise. Stage one of their mating was complete. Now was the time to enjoy themselves.

He slid his hand under Katarina's knee and gently raised it from the bed until her leg was bent at his side. He took his eyes off her for only a second, leaning in to plant a kiss on the inside of her thigh. His eyes shot back to her almost instantly as he curled his hand around her leg and flicked his tongue out to run it across her skin. He wanted to know how she tasted.

You are mine, little wolf. He told her with a smile, moving up the bed to kiss her stomach. His hand slid from her thigh, up the side of her body as he continued to leave a trail of kisses over her skin.

The kiss he left on her belly button had Katarina squirming at the teasing flick of his tongue. He kissed and nuzzled her perfect skin to their equal pleasure until he reached her neck, where he nipped her playfully.

Will you obey your Alpha in this one thing? He asked, brushing his tongue along the inside of her ear. The way that Katarina shivered against him made Milo feel giddy inside.

Yes.

Milo grinned down at her as he realised that her internal voice sounded as breathless as she looked. That deserved a kiss. He leant down and kissed her delicately on the lips, savouring the feeling of her exposed body against his as he lay over her.

There's one more thing I want today, my love. He admitted, staring down at her with nothing but love and anticipation. "I want to go for a run with you. Tonight we let our wolves out to play." He asked in a soft whisper against her ear. He felt Katarina's smile before he saw it, as a gentle hand slid up his arm and curled around his shoulder.

I'd like that. But if you want me as your true mate, Alpha, you'll have to accept my little wolf as well.

"Don't you worry, Katie. My wolf dominated yours once already; I'm sure he can do it again." Milo smiled when he felt Katarina lifting herself just a little further until her lips made contact with his neck. It was an adorable feeling and he couldn't help but laugh when he felt the soft scraping of teeth against his jaw. All in good time, little wolf. He approved, nudging her into a lingering kiss.

He was going to enjoy making love to her. He was going to enjoy having her as his mate, forever. But most of all, what Milo really loved, was that after a heartbreaking two year search and his whole life not wanting to take a mate, Katarina had found him, loved him and changed his heart. She had made the whole world a better place; she had made him a better man and a better wolf. A better Alpha.

He was going to savour every moment of their future, with Katarina as his mate and the most powerful shifter as his son. Life couldn't be anything but incredible with such a future ahead of him. With such love in his heart.