Over protective part 2

This was requested by
@joshaya-gmw Enjoy!
________________________
Maya sighed as her and Riley were sitting on her bed having "girl talk" at least that's what Josh calls it.

"I don't know what to do Riley. I mean I love that he's protective and cares about me that much but, it has become a real problem. I mean he doesn't even like it when I bicker back and forth with Lucas like I always have." Maya told her best friend in a low whisper so her boyfriend wouldn't hear.

"Wow. I knew uncle Josh was protective over you but I didn't realize how much. Haven't you tried to make him feel more secure?" Maya nodded her head.

"Believe me I have tried." Riley shuddered in disgust. " But it's like anything I do he just seems to keep having this problem. I don't know what to do. I have tried to talk to him, I have tried to make him feel better about it." Maya sighed as she ran her hand through her hair. Riley smiled at her.

"Do you want me to talk to him?" Riley asked as she put a hand on her shoulder. Maya smiled and shook her head.

"This is something that I need to take care of myself. Thanks Riles." Riley smiled and gave her a hug.

After they were done, Maya and Riley walked back into the Matthews living room only to be greeted by both of their boyfriends. The four sat on the couch and waited for Topanga to call out and tell them that dinner was ready.

"Hey Maya, Zay wants to know if you would like to come visit him in Texas before school starts back up in college." Lucas said as he had his phone out obviously texting Zay.

"I don't know huckleberry. The last time we went to Texas our lives all got screwed up." Maya said making Riley nod in agreement.

"Oh common Maya. I promise not to stand by you at any fires." Lucas trashed making Riley roll her eyes and Josh stiffen up. Maya laughed and shook her head.

"Please, you wouldn't be able to handle this." Both Lucas and Riley chuckled but Josh tightened his grip on Maya's hand as they were still sitting.

"Okay guys dinner's ready." Topanga called out as she and Cory were already seated followed by Auggie.

All the kids got up and headed towards the table taking their seats. Riley and Lucas beside Topanga, and Josh and Maya beside Cory. Auggie was beside Lucas.

As dinner went on, Maya and Lucas continued to tease and bicker at each other playfully as Riley laughed along and Josh sat there with a blank expression. As Maya and Lucas had barley ate anything that was on their plates because they were talking to much, Josh and Riley had already finished theirs and Topanga was getting up and starting to do dishes.

Maya laughed at one of the jokes that Lucas had told and then suddenly felt a hand on her thigh. She didn't really think anything of it as she knew that it was Josh's, but then she started to stiffen as the hand started to travel more north. Maya tried all her might to listen and concentrate on the sound of Lucas's voice and what he was saying but she kept on getting a little distracted.

"Do you remember that, Maya?" Lucas asked making Maya look up at him.

"Hmm? Oh yeah sorry Lucas I was a little bit distracted." Maya said as she swatted Josh's hand away only for him to put it back on her thigh. Maya gave him a side glare as he just kept on looking down at his phone with his other hand acting like nothing was happening.

Lucas smirked as Maya giving her a knowing look while Riley just looked confused as ever. Suddenly Lucas decided to help Maya out a little bit and thicken the plot. He whispered something in Riley's ear making her roll her eyes but smile and nod.

"You know Maya, you're not to bad of a kisser." Maya eyes widened in shock and Josh stopped his hand and finger movements and balled his hand up into a fist.

"W-what are you talking about?" Maya asked as she looked at him confused. They never kissed. She didn't know what Lucas was up to.

"You know, the kiss that you and I shared back before we got all of this settled between the four of us." Lucas said making Riley bite her lip at Josh's reaction. Josh took a deep breath and dropped his hand off of Maya's thigh and got up from the table.

"Maya, would you please come with me to the back room. I need to speak with you for a minute." Josh said keeping his glare on Lucas. Maya still stunned at Lucas got up without saying a word and followed Josh into the guest room.

"Josh I swear to you we never kissed, I don't know why Lucas would say something like tha-" Josh cut Maya off by shutting the door and pushing her up against it kissing her hard. Maya threw her arms around Josh's neck and deepened the kiss making Josh pull her closer by her waist.

Josh gently pulled Maya over to the bed and pushed them both onto it never breaking the kiss. As Josh was about to put his hands up Maya's shirt Cory knocked on the door and told them to knock it off before he called Shawn. Making both Josh and Maya break apart in frustration and sigh.

"Before we go back out there I want to make something clear. I don't care if you have kissed Lucas before me, what I do care about is that he's in there going down memory lane of a memory that I don't really want to go down. He knows that you belong to me and he's got Riley." Maya raised her eyebrow.

"I belong to you?" She teased making Josh glare at her.

"And don't you forget it." He snapped as he got up to head to his bathroom. Maya laid there a second before shaking her head and heading towards  the door. As she was about to turn the knob she felt Josh grab her wrist and turn her around pinning her to the door once again.

"Josh, you scared the crap out of me!" Maya gasped as she closed her eyes and held on to the front of his shirt.

"Where do you think you're going?" Josh demanded making Maya widen her eyes.

"To finish dinner." Maya said as she pushed back on his chest to try and get out but Josh didn't even budge.

"Not without me you're not. I don't want you going out there with him!" Maya rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"Josh you're being ridiculous! Lucas is one of my closest friends and you're becoming all cave men. You need to calm down." Maya said as she watched Josh's eyes soften.

"I care about you Maya and I'm not going to loose you! I won't loose you!" Josh exclaimed as he finally let her out of his grasp to walk around the room.

"Josh are you afraid that I would leave you?" Maya asked as she put a hand on his shoulder. Josh scoffed and turned around.

"Please Maya, I mean look at me. Do you really think you would ever leave this." Josh said motioning to his body making Maya roll her eyes.

"Josh." Maya said making Josh drop his act and put on a sad face.

"Okay so maybe I am. Maya you are amazing, beautiful, sexy. You are seriously everything a guy could want in a girl and there are so many guys that are way better than me." Josh confessed as he quickly changed his shirt and then sat down on the bed.

"Is that why you have this protective nature about you. Because you're afraid that one day I'll find somebody better?" Maya asked. Josh didn't say anything making Maya sigh. "Josh trust me. There is nobody that could ever replace you. And yeah there might be better somewhere." Maya teased making Josh give her a look. "But there isn't any better for me." Josh smiled and leaned in to kiss her.

"Josh Maya! If I come in there you better not be doing what I think you're doing!" They heard Shawn snap from outside the door making them silently laugh.

"We should go." Josh said as he started o get up but Maya pulled him back down.

"Or we could ignore them." She said making Josh laugh and go back to kissing her ignoring Shawn and Cory.
___________________________