Chapter 28

"Are you sure you're ok Elise?" Ky asked for the millionth time.

And for the millionth time, I nodded my head without meeting his eyes.

"No" he says shaking his head. "The silent thing is my thing"

It might seem like I'm giving him the silent treatment but I'm not. I haven't said a word to pretty much anyone for a while. I just think it's best for everyone. Especially me. The only three people that I have actually been talking to is my parents and Lilly.

Ky has been checking up on me once in a while. We don't have the same schedule anymore and with his football practice, it's rare I'd see him. I'm actually shocked he found me. On days Lilly isn't here, I usually hang out in the library. And today is one of those days.

Because I'm a senior, I have a lot of free periods. Which I'm very thankful of. One of them is at the end of the day which lets me finish my homework.

"Thanks for checking up on me Ky, but I'm fine" I say meeting his eyes for the first time since he got here.

It's his turn to just nod without a response. I shake my head and went back to finish the last of my homework.

"So how's your arm?" He asks, nodding his head in the direction of my arm with the hives.

I pull my long sleeve down feeling a little insecure about it. "The puffiness and redness is still there but the itch is gone" I answer.

The end of the school bell rings making me start to pack all of my things.

"I have to go to practice...I'll see you later, yeah?" He says getting up to leave.

Before he could get any farther I stop him. "Wait! Ky?"

He stops in his tracks and faces me. "What's up?"

While fidgeting with my fingers, I look up into his eyes and say, "Thanks...you know...for everything" I thank him.

"Of course" he says, a small smile making its way onto his face. He lingers there a little longer and then steps away to go to his practice.

After packing all of my belongings, I start to make my way to my locker to put back all of my textbooks since I'm finished with my homework. Before rounding the corner to get to my locker however, I hear yelling. And I mean full on screaming. I peak behind the corner and my eyes widen at the sight. Daniel, Katie, and the guy I saw her cheating with are in the middle of the hallway.

Not wanting to catch any of their attention, I quietly round the corner and opened my locker so I could get myself out of here. If they see me, they might bring me into the middle of it.

"I can't believe you Katie!" The voice belonging to Daniel yells. "How long has this been going on?" He asks.

I stop putting my text book inside the locker and turned my head to peek behind my shoulder. So Daniel found out. That's why the three of them are together.

Katie doesn't answer which makes Daniel even more pissed than he already is. I've never seen him like this. I've never seen so much anger in his eyes before. I mean I've seen him mad before...but not like this.

"And you!" He screams even louder.

Daniel shoves the guy back nearly knocking him to the ground. But that's not what surprised me the most. What surprised me was that the guy didn't shove Daniel back. He wasn't fighting back.