Chapter 52 : James plays Games.

Amanda's Pov

Suddenly, the speakers creaked, which caught everyone's attention. The projector screen which was placed in the middle of the hall, got turned on automatically, my eyes encountered a breathtaking view. I gasped, in shame, in fear, and in humiliation

I took a step backward, as my heart raced. My eyes widened automatically, on encountering the pictures on the projector screen. The first two pictures on the slide, consisted of me and Aaron, we were locking lips with each other. There was a short 3 second video in the third slide, in which he was kissing me on my neck in the bedroom, moments before. I was pretty sure that someone witnessed our little makeout session, and also that someone recorded it. I didn't even have double thoughts regarding it. I was pretty sure that it was James. No one except him had the power to cause such nuisance.

The fourth slide had a caption 'Cause one was not enough', and a picture of me and James making out appeared on the screen. The other slides were followed with pictures in which we were locking lips, in which he was kissing me on my neck, on the top of my cleavage. I gasped, whilst looking at the pictures. Suddenly the slide show ended, a collage appeared on the screen.

It comprised of a comparative picture of me kissing Aaron on one side and James on the other side. A line on the bottom read 'Who does it better? Excluding Amanda of course, she's a pro when it comes to kissing.'

The clips were highly devastating. Kissing or making out with James was the biggest mistake of my life. If only I could, I would change it. Back then, I didn't realize who the real James was. I wish time machines existed in real life. I tilted my chin up, after gathering every ounce of the courage I had. I was ashamed, ashamed of myself, of the mistake I made earlier.

Not only Aaron, but I was unable to meet my eyes with anyone in the crowd. James succeeded in giving me the best birthday present ever. When, accidentally, my eyes locked with Aaron's, I quickly looked away. I started to walk away, away from him, from everyone. I could hear people whisper shitty things about me. My eyes were heavy, and my vision was blurred due to the formation of tears under my waterline. I tried hard to control, but I couldn't. 'Slut' 'gold-digger' and 'Whore' were the various words I was addressed with.

Suddenly, I was pulled back through my arm. I knew who it was from. I looked up, towards Aaron's direction. He placed his hands on the either side of my shoulder, looked around at people, his eyes filled with anger. He did the most unanticipated thing ever, in front of everyone.

He kissed the tear which rolled through my eyes, stroked away the wet portion from my cheeks through the back of his hands. He pushed me closer as he curled his hands around my waist. Without wasting another second, he kissed me. No, this wasn't one of those kisses which were filled with love. It had passion, and an answer which he was probably trying to give to the crowd.

He deepened the smooch, as he opened his mouth. After a while, he pulled away. Everyone around were aghast by his move. I took a deep breath, when he laced his fingers with mine. He faced the crowd along with me. "I don't care what you guys think about her. I don't care who she has locked lips with, in the past. I don't care what you care. All I care about is......her. I love her", I gasped as I faced him. Did he just say the words or was it an illusion?

"Yes, I love her. I love her very much. No one in this party gets the right to call my girl with those shitty names. One more curse word, and you won't even know how much I can ruin you. Only those people who're genuine enough to wish us luck, and not insult my girl can stay here and the rest may leave. I repeat, the rest may leave, if they want to", he continued as he turned around.

I watched him, my eyes watered. I didn't know what it was because of, the happiness of the confession, or the fear of James's another move. I looked at the time. It was yet 8:40pm, which meant that I had exact 5 minutes to leave the party. His hands were yet locked with mine. I looked at our intertwined fingers and sighed. I kissed his fingers, but kept quiet. He didn't speak either.