Chapter 26

By the time they reached the waterfall they had enjoyed a wolf run and the sun was barely dipping in the sky. Angel was enjoying himself, so Leo considered staying at the meadow all night. It would be more relaxing to stay inside the cave and then follow it back to the path, to get to the cabin he was renting.

After admitting to the disgusting conditions of the prison cell, Leo wasn't at all surprised to find that the first thing Angel did after transforming back to his human self, was to duck under the falling water.

For the longest time they soaked themselves, cleaned up and enjoyed the pool of water beneath the waterfall. It was the first time Angel had been able to have a bath or even just a decent wash since his captivity.

They spent a few hours just washing and soaking in the water until they both felt clean, then they dragged themselves to lie in the meadow, letting the air cool and dry them off.

You have an incredible body, Leo. Why do you hide it with such terrible clothes? Angel wondered curiously.

Leo laughed. He wasn't sure where that comment had come from, but since he wasn't wearing any clothes, he figured they were talking past tense. My clothes are not terrible. I just don't have any style. He shrugged, having no issue with admitting the truth of the matter. Besides, Milo would tell him the same thing when they finally got home.

True. Well, I have excellent style. We'll have to get clothes at some point. I'm a little big for yours. Angel claimed, not surprising him in the least. He figured that with Dubrinsky blood, he would also have Dubrinsky taste.

Yeah, I'll say. Leo chuckled to himself.

Is that approval or arousal, lion? Angel asked, cocking an eyebrow at him.

Take your pick.

I pick both. He decided he liked both options. He turned onto his side, gazing down at his mate with smiling eyes. And I will have both. He promised, leaning down to press his lips to Leo's.

They moved in sync, opening their mouths and tasting each other, with a slow appreciation for the chemistry they shared. Leo pressed his hands to the base of Angel's spine, feeling the scarred contours of his body as the strong, yet mistreated man weighted down on top of him. It was a good weight. Strong. Solid. Real. He slowly kneaded the muscles there with his fingertips until he elicited a deep groan from his mate.

Leo shifted his weight beneath Angel, easing his legs out from the tangle they had become with his mate's. He could feel his arousal, smell it, sense it, practically taste it. It was delicious. He brought his legs out from under the continual, pressing weight and wrapped them around his mate's waist.

Leo moaned as his mate adjusted his body to fit their new position. He wasn't sure how much more he could take, but he didn't want to beg. Not yet. It felt too good to be locked together the way they were, so close and yet not close enough.

Angel dragged his mouth from his and they stared at each other for just a moment before that cocky smile returned. His mate moved his eager lips to his neck and Leo's whole body vibrated in approval.

Hands were drifting down his stomach and Leo moved into the touch, only bringing their bodies into even closer contact. They both moaned in appreciation so he did it again on purpose.

Angel bit his shoulder hard and he felt his hips buck in desperation. Who knew it could feel like that? You have never been touched, my beautiful lion? He whispered in his ear.

Never. Leo gasped as he felt the mental spark of pleasure from his mate. He seemed to like that answer, so he was very happy. Especially when his mate began kissing him again eagerly.

Then this will be a great pleasure for both of us.

Have you?

No. I knew my mate would come, one day. Angel was more than pleased to tell the truth to his mate.

And as much as Leo had been forced by other people to feel a mate bond, there was no comparison between those feelings and what he felt for Angel. He made him feel alive; so even while they kissed, more sensually and slowly now, he couldn't help but lament about the wasted time that Bricia, Janet and Josanna had put between them.

I wish I had come sooner. He confessed.

Do not say such things. It would not do to come too early. Angel whispered inside his head. You have come to me at the right time. You are of age now.

Leo could only agree. It really was the best timing. So I am. He smiled and then all thought was impossible. Those strong hands he had so recently admired, casually running over scarred skin as Angel washed himself clean of years of filth, were suddenly on his body. Roaming, teasing, toying with him.

Leo closed his eyes and grasped at his mate's hair with one hand and his shoulder with the other, as this amazing man was the only solid thing he wanted to touch. Fingers brushed him and he felt his whole body shiver again with insurmountable pleasure.

Then it was gone.

Everything.

The wonderful weight pinning him down. The fingers ghosting over his sensitive skin. His legs were gently removed from Angel's waist and his eyes flicked open in disappointment. His mate was smiling, but his mate was still moving away from him. Into the water with me, my love. He commanded lightly as he moved to the waters edge.

Leo watched as his mate sank into the waist high water and ducked underneath. For a moment he was out of sight, until, like an Adonis, he rose from the water and flipped back his long hair. I need a haircut when we reach civilization. He complained, brushing it back from his shoulders. And then all he had left to look at was his mate's wet body from the waist up. Well that was no fun.

What am I, a country bumpkin? Leo teased him.

No, you are love personified. He smiled sexily, encouraging him to come closer.

Leo climbed over to the water's edge and slipped into the pool with his mate. He wasn't going to allow the distance the stay between them. I kind of like your hair. He shrugged, being entirely honest about the sexy rock star, Adonis God look that his true mate had.

Angel smiled in amusement. Like a girl's? He guessed.

God no. Like...a God's. A very hot, wet God. He laughed, reaching out to brush his fingers through it's shoulder length. It was now silky and wet from being washed properly for the first time. It was looking so good that he just wanted to keep his fingers in it all the time, feeling the health and cleanliness that wasn't just confined to his hair. Angel was safe, he was free and he was grateful.

Hmm, then I may keep it. He decided.

The next thing Leo knew, hands were on his face and they were kissing again. He liked kissing. He liked kissing Angel. It felt right. Amazing. Earth shattering when he used his tongue that way.

Angel pulled back from the kiss and pushed Leo gently under the waterfall's rush. And then they were both on the other side, on the small landing where there was only a fine spray and a pool of water barely past their ankles. Leo backed himself up against the rock facing and used his hands around Angel's neck to drag him with him.