Chapter 27

Milo was having a good time sitting chatting with Carlton and Grene. Carlton was still surprised by the revelation Brogan had given about his new found mate, Marlan.

"He seemed quite happy when they left, I have to say," Milo confessed as he passed out the cups of tea to everyone across the coffee table. Katarina had insisted on going to visit her sister for an hour, so Brogan and Marlan, surprisingly, had gone with her.

"Good. Very good. Everyone is settling down nicely," Carlton commented with a happy smile. "Now all we need is to have Bricia settled, Leo and Angel home and have the year pass so that Algar will unite with Josanna. Then the whole family will be settled," he claimed, cheerily.

"And get you two united," Milo couldn't help but stir the pot a little to see what kind of reaction he would get. Typically both men balked at the very idea, instantly dismissing it.

"Oh now, don't get any ideas. We're happy as we are...all we want is to see our children settled. And with the little tyke on his way, we're going to be busy enough being grandparents to bother with women," Grene objected.

"So you say," Milo laughed at the look Grene and Carlton shared. They looked truly terrified of the possibility of him attempting to set them up on dates. He would never do such a thing without their consent, but it was intriguing. He was pretty sure that Katarina would fall in love with the idea.

"Well, that's rather besides the point, isn't it?" Grene protested gently, trying to ignore the matter. "How is the pack integration coming along?" he asked, hoping Carlton would help him change the subject.

Milo wasn't sure what he needed to do, but he was hoping he could help in any way he could, if there was a chance of helping the integration along.

"Rather well. Everyone seems to be quite happy and settled in the area. There are even quite a few people looking forward to moving into the modern day community and enrolling their children in school," Carlton confessed, taking a sip from his cup of tea.

"I'm glad. It's been difficult dealing with everything while my father continues to be unpleasant. He sticks mostly to his room now and neither Katarina nor I have forgiven him for how he's acted,"

Milo apologized to Carlton for not giving the pack union it's full attention, but neither father blamed him. He had a lot on his plate. A child on the way that gave him visions, his wife needing special care and attention due to her sensitive abilities. As well as his Beta being in another country, on a quest that could possible take his life. The uniting of two packs didn't seem like such an important thing when they weighed up his recent tasks.

"I'm afraid I've been rather distracted by him and by Angelus. I've been hopeful that everything would take care of itself, which isn't at all what an Alpha should do, I know," Milo sighed, as he contemplated how bad he was at being the responsible Alpha lately. But having a child and an heir to his title was one of the most important things about being an Alpha. That was one less way he was failing his pack, even if most of them did understand the pressure he was under.

"Don't worry, dear boy, we understand," Grene smiled reassuringly and glanced up at Carlton. He had the same look of perfect understanding too, well aware of the struggled that Milo was facing both at home and within the pack. But everything was coming together. "I was rather hopeful of Josanna and Algar's mate bond growing after he revealed the truth to her, but that never happened. Your hopes have been realized while mine have not," he ventured to point out the difference between them.

Milo hoped for the best for the sake of the pack, while he hoped for the best for his own sake. And of course, for Josanna's. But that wasn't going to happen.

"She's actually taking her punishment a lot worse now that she knows Algar has refused her. For some reason she just keeps going on and on about how she's been rejected. She barely ever complained until he told her he didn't like her attitude," Milo chuckled to himself lightly as he thought about how well Algar had given Josanna the worst punishment.

Before she knew who her true mate was, she had hoped they would discover her and beg that she be released from her punishments. She had even had something to look forward to, at the end of her punishment. Now she knew that Algar might not take her, punishment or not, she was not pleased.

"However, I'm not sure it will be long before he gives in to the bond's insistence for a union. Whether he forgives her or not," he confessed, pretty sure that he already saw the strain of being away from his mate, beginning to take effect within Algar.

"I certainly hope so," Grene saluted him with his tea cup and they all commenced to talk pack business now that the pleasant conversation was over. There was a lot that needed covered.