Chapter Three:

Ruka (1)

I woke up in a dimly lit room. As I looked around, there was a fire nation symbol hung on the wall across from me and a desk right next to it.

I rubbed my eyes, bringing my feet down to the cold floor and standing up. Why aren't I in a cell?

I carefully opened the door and peeked out. There was no one in sight. I opened it wider to leave, and looked both ways before going straight. I ended up on the deck and I realized we weren't moving.

When I turned to my right, a huge fire navy ship was there, and when I looked my left, the same thing.

"Uncle, I want the repairs made as quickly as possible."

I saw the guy and an old man walking down, and I ran after them. "H-hey wait!"

They turned around and the old man smiled. "Good morning."

"Where are we?" I asked looking around. "Just getting some repairs done." The old man said, then him and the guy continued walking.

I turned around and made a face when I saw the ship , it wasn't in good shape. At all.

"I don't want to stay too long and risk losing his trail."

"You mean Aang?" I said, trailing behind them.

"Do you know where he's headed." The guy furiously turned back to me. I shook my head, "I'm as clueless as you are." He grumbled and continued to walk.

"I'm sure we'll find the avatar-" the old man started but the guy quickly cut him off

"Don't mention his name on these docks." The guy said. "Once word gets out that he's alive, every fire bender will be out looking for him. And I don't want anyone getting in the way."

"Getting in the way of what, prince Zuko?" We turned our heads. A man was walking towards us with his hands behind his back.

Prince?!

The guy crossed his arms, "Captain Zhao."

"It's commander now." He corrected. "And General Iroh, great hero of our nation." He bowed slightly to the old man.

General?!

"Retired General." The old man bowed as well.

He looked to me and narrowed his eyes. "And who might this water tribe girl be?"

"A prisoner." The prince answered. "You're letting a prisoner out of their cell and out roaming freely?" The captain raised his brow.

"She's not getting away." The general shook his head, grabbing onto my arm but making sure it wasn't too tight of a grip.

"Well, the fire lord's brother and son are welcome guests anytime. What brings you to my harbor?" He asks.

FIRE LORD'S SON AND BROTHER?! WHAT'S GOING ON.

"Our ship is being prepared." Iroh extended his arm out to the ship behind us. We all turned and looked.

"That's quite a bit of damage." The captain said.

"Yes. You wouldn't believe what happened." Zuko said. "Uncle, tell commander Zhao what happened."

Iroh's eyes widened. Oh I'd love to hear this one.

"Yes, I will do that." Iroh pointed a finger. "It was incredible... what did we crash or something?" Iroh said lowly to Zuko.

"Yes, right into an earth kingdom ship." Zuko said quickly.

"Really? You must regale me with all the thrilling details. Join me for a drink?" Zhao bent down to Zuko.

"Sorry, but we have to go." Zuko said, turning his head and preparing to leave. Iroh put his hand on Zuko's shoulder to stop him, "Prince Zuko, show commander Zhao your respect. We would be honored to join you. Do you have any Jing Zang tea? It's my favorite." Iroh let go of me walked along side Zhao.

Zuko groaned before grabbing me by my arms and forcing me to walk. "Ow Prince Zuko. Don't take your anger out on me. I want to leave just as much as you do."

"Shut it."

>>>

We were in a large tent with Zhao. Zuko had my wrists tied up so I didn't pull anything with the tea. I sat in the corner alone.

"And by the year's end, the earth kingdom capital will be under our rule. The fire lord will finally claim victory in this war." Zhao said, turning around from a large map of the world.

"If my father thinks that the world will follow him willingly, then he is a fool." Zuko said, Zhao took a seat next to him.

"Two years at sea have done little to temper your tongue." Zhao smirked. I watched as Iroh was inspecting long spheres, picking one up and looking down at it curiously. Soon enough, all of them dropped to the floor making a loud noise, Iroh and I both flinched. "Eh, my fault entirely."

Iroh walked away slowly, getting closer to me.

"We haven't found him yet." Zuko said. "Did you really expect to? The Avatar died 100 years ago. Along with the rest of the airbenders." Zhao said with his eyes narrowed.

I gasped lowly, Aang's family.

"Unless you've found some evidence that the avatar is still alive." Zhao smirked mischievously.

"No." Zuko looked down with a fake frown. "Nothing."

"Prince Zuko," Zhao stood up from his seat. "The avatar is the only one who can stop the fire nation from winning this war. If you have an ounce of loyalty left, you'll tell me what you found." He down to Zuko.

"I haven't found anything." Zuko said once again. "It's like you said, the avatar probably died a long time ago."

Zuko stood up and walked over to me, "come on Uncle. We're going." He picked me up and before we could leave out the tent, two men crossed their spheres in front of us, blocking our path.

"Commander Zhao, we interrogated the crew as you instructed. They confirmed Prince Zuko had the avatar in custody, but let him escape." A guard told Zhao, I widened my eyes but Zuko closed his in shame.

"Now remind me how exactly was your ship damaged?" Zhao walked over to us and smirked down to Zuko. The guards grabbed Zuko and pushed him back to the chair. "Men, take this girl back to Prince Zuko's ship and lock her up. She isn't needed here."

The men did as so and forced me out of the tent and to the ship.