Chapter 46

Aiden's P.O.V

I look down at Julian's sleeping form with a smile lingering on my lips as I run my fingers through his lengthy, blonde hair. He was smiling away as he snuggled into me, his head tucked into the crook of my neck letting his warm breath fan me ever so gently.

------flashback------

"A-Aiden.." Julian calls making my head snap up to find him standing outside the bathroom in not only my shirt but my underwear too. I gulp to myself as I watch his blushing form while he played with his fingers nervously, diverting his eyes from my own.

"Yeah." I say straining to keep myself under control. We hadn't done anything remotely intimate in almost a month and even though that wasn't really on my mind, it was definitely my body's first thought seeing my mate like this.

"Can we sleep together tonight?" He asks the fear in his voice, clear as day as he walks towards me slowly. "P-Please."

"Okay." I say with slight reluctance, he smiles widely making that feeling fade as he crawls under the covers with eyes filled with joy. I switch off the television as well as the lights before slipping under the sheets where he immediately attaches his body to my own. I allow myself the pleasure of having him in my arms, wrapping my arm around him and drawing him in closer.

------end of flashback----

Julian steadily starts to steer away letting out a cute mewl as he wiggles around a bit before closing the space between us and letting out a content sigh. His eyes slowly flutter open as a smile takes his lips, he tightens his grip on me before inhaling deeply, slowly his eyes making there way up to me only to freeze when they catch my own. His heart stops as his beautiful, blue orbs widen with an increasing state of panic as his cheeks floods with that gorgeous red tint.

"Good morning." I say with a smirk, snapping him out of his temporary paralysis.

"Morning." He says quietly sinking his head into my neck to hide himself. I hold back my laughter not wanting him to be too embarrassed as his heart beats as loud as drums.

"I'm going to be working outside today, there's some old books and the television to keep you occupied." I say calmly, he immediately sits up, the embarrassment long gone as he looks down at me with confused eyes.

"I can help with what you're doing." He says enthusiastically while I push the stray hair out of his face.

"You're not one hundred percent yet." I say trailing his thin arm with the back of my hand. He looked more alive since he came here but he was still a long way off from what he used to be. I caught a glance of him yesterday when he was in the bathroom and I'm pretty sure I saw his ribs pressing against his chest. Even when I held him it felt different, like I was sleeping with something fragile and delicate.

"I'm fine." He argues making me roll my eyes.

"No." I say simply, he slides on my body so that he was sitting in my lap with his hands on my chest for support. If only he knew what this was doing to me.

"I won't work, I'll watch." He pleads catching the disapproval in my eyes. "I just want to spend time with you." He whispers quietly, the one sentence breaks my resolve as I'm reminded him feeling lonely was what started this whole mess in the first place.

"Okay." I say ignoring the excited glint in his eyes. "Only watching." He nods happily before leaning down and hugging me, I hug him back feeling complete with the palatable shockwaves than ran through our bodies from the connection. He raises up slowly with his head hovering over my own, my eyes stay trained to his restless waters which were slowly becoming clouded with lust.