[Chapter 36]: Tinge

"So have you and Bakugou done the do yet or-" You covered Mina's mouth with your hands quickly, absolutely panic-stricken.

"Mina, what the actual fuck!? You don't ask things like that in the middle of the classroom!" You growled at her quietly.

"THAT DOESN'T MEAN NO!" She squealed excitedly against your hand.

Another month had passed at UA High, and boy, had it been an eventful one at that. You had made so much progress on your quirk, training both your body and mind to be able to handle it. In terms of your relationship with Katsuki, little progress was made there. It couldn't be helped, you were both busy all the time, always working, training, or studying. Sometimes you trained together or convinced him to study with you, but the time when you two could just be together was very limited. Katsuki learned to accept it to an extent, but that didn't mean he complained any less.

"The fuck are you paying more attention to pinky than you do to me?" 

Speak of the devil. 

You glanced over at angry blond who had just entered the classroom.

"Good morning to you too hedgehog!" You sarcastically responded. He began stomping over to your desk, grinding his teeth together.

"OI WHAT THE FUCK (Y/N)? IS THAT HOW YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO SAY GOOD MORNING TO YOUR BOYFRIEND?!"

"Well since you can't seem to remember your classmate's names, I just thought I'd treat you with the same indecency."

"YOU KNOW WHAT-" The whole class just watched as you and Katsuki went at each other. You remained much calmer, using snarky comments rather than yelling as your weapon. The spite in your voice was obvious though. You spotted Shouto walk in out of the corner of your eyes. Peaking around the screaming Katsuki, you smiled brightly.

"Good morning Shouto." He looked up and grinned shyly at your words.

"Good morning (y/n)..." He spoke softly as he rubbed the back of his head and took his seat.

"ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME (Y/N)?!" Katsuki got in your face.

"Shut up already and take your seats. The bell has rung." Aizawa said as he groggily rubbed his eyes and stepped through the door. You rolled your eyes and turned forward in your seat, slightly annoyed. Katsuki was trying not to blow a fuse. He sat down in his seat and crossed his arms, eyes digging into the back of your skull like daggers.

Am I going to die today?

- - -

"We will be starting a small project today for our anatomy unit. You will pair up and draw a body system to present on at the end of the week. I don't really care who you pair up with so I'll just ask seat by seat. (Y/n) you're first. Pick a partner." Now the smart thing to do would be to pick Katsuki and save yourself the headache. But being that you were still salty about this morning, you were not in the right state of mind.

"Shouto." 

The quiet boy's eyes shot at you, shocked. You know who else was shocked? Blasty McSplodes behind you. Not only was he shocked, he was furious. Shouto smiled gently at you.

"I'm fine with that." There was an audible smack on the desk behind you. Katsuki jumped out of his seat and lost his mind.

"LIKE HELL THAT'S GONNA HAP-"

"Bakugou sit down, and pick your partner while you're at it." Aizawa quickly silenced him. There was practically smoke coming out of Katsuki's ears. Every single one of his fuses had been blown. He lowered himself back into his seat, shaking with rage before mumbling.

"Shitty hair..." Kirishima shot up from his chair excitedly.

"WOOHOO HELL YEAH!" Aizawa sighed.

"Can everyone just stay in their seats for the rest of the day please..."

- - -

You began packing up your bag, gathering the contents off your desk when you were interrupted by Katsuki's foot pressed against the back of your head. You slowly turned, both annoyed pairs of eyes meeting in the middle.

"The fuck do you want?" You questioned, observing the vein popping out of his forehead.

"WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THAT HALF AND HALF BASTARD OVER ME?!" 

Again with this...

"Geez... WHY DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO YELL?!" He paused, jaw-dropping slightly at your words. You rubbed your temples and took a deep breath. "It's just a project, and honestly I could use some peace and quiet." His face sank a little bit as you got up from your chair silently. After grabbing your stuff, you walked over to the door. The strain in your heart pulled tighter. It was obvious you regretted what you said.

"Are you alright (y/n)?" Shouto questioned as you walked beside him. You sighed.

"Yeah, I'm alright. I just got in a little fight with Katsuki. Sorry for making you worry." His features were soft and he glanced away.

"It's no problem. You can... Uhhh... Talk to me about it if you need to. We're friends after all." Your eyes brightened. With a meek smile, you patted his shoulder.

"Thanks Shouto. Just hearing you say that makes me really happy." As you proceeded down the hallway, you were unaware of the crimson eyes digging into your backs.

"You okay man?" Kirishima glanced over at Katsuki, who had been leaning against the door frame watching you.

"Shut up shitty hair." He mumbled, looking down. Kirishima watched before sighing deeply and grabbing Katsuki's shoulder.

"You know, I don't know much about relationships. But I think this could be easily solved by just talking to her." Katsuki clicked his tongue and pushed Kirishima's hand from his shoulder.

He walked off, hands sunken into his pockets as he questioned the painful tinge in his chest.