EIGHTEEN // Piper

A/N: I tried to find a quote for this part but I can't and I don't have the words. I'm exhausted after writing this. I've only ever spoken about this incident once, so this one was extremely difficult to write. But here it is.
If anything sounds jumbled or doesn't make sense, let me know. I was also kind of having a panic attack in the middle of this, so some of it might sound like gibberish. I'm too tired to edit, but I will one day.
I didn't get much sleep last night after writing this, so I'm off to take a nap.

**There's a panic attack in this, toward the end, just a heads up.**

WHAT SENDS HER BACK THROUGH HELL

Taylor and I couldn't stop laughing as we were walking beside one another. I forgot what even happened, but it sent us both into uncontrollable laughter, which of course makes it hard to walk to class. And then we both realized we had to pee.

Needless to say, we're running late for class. She's running late for French, and I'm running late for Spanish, but neither of us really care that much. We needed a good laugh, especially since the choir concert is tonight.

I'm still stressed about it. Micah tries helping calm me down by quizzing me on the lyrics to my music, and cues to the best of his ability – bless him for being such a sweetheart.

Despite this, though, I'm still stressing. Thankfully Taylor and I had a good laugh, but as we part our ways into our respective classes, the stress and anxious thoughts return.

I walk through the door of my Spanish class a few seconds before the bell rings. It's a new sight for me, to see the class so full when I walk in.

My eyes find my seat, only to find that Micah is sitting to the left of it in the desk that is normally empty.

Oh boy.

I try not freaking out as I walk over to my desk, sliding into the chair and sitting my bag beside my feet as usual. "Hello there, stranger," I say to him, smiling briefly as I pull out my notebook.

I see him smile back. "Hey."

I don't reply, instead busying myself with the warm up on the board. It's a simple one regarding the verbs we learned yesterday, so it doesn't take me too long to finish. I actually try reading my notes every night, and unfortunately – maybe thankfully – with all the stress I've been feeling, I've tried studying for other classes to take my mind off of it. Distractions work best, and last night Spanish was my distraction.

When I finish the warm up, I place my pencil down, grabbing my phone and replying to Taylor's text. She had to apologize to her teacher in full French in order to get out of silent lunch, and succeeded. She seems pretty proud of herself.

I shake my head to myself, placing my phone face down on my desk. I try not to use it too much during classes.

I prop my chin in my left hand, grabbing my pencil again to draw along the edges of my paper. The classic sign that I'm bored in a class.

A few moments later, I hear Micah's voice. "You're a good artist."

A half-smile tugs at my lips as I exhale sharply through my nose, continuing to drawing. I mean to answer him, but then too many seconds pass and it gets too awkward. The rest of the class is silent too, so that only adds on to the awkwardness.

"Hey," Micah whispers, leaning over toward me slightly. I hate that I involuntarily inch further away from him. "I wanna come to the concert tonight. Is that okay?"