Draco Malfoy x Reader: Soulmate AU

So I found this soulmate au while I was browsing the internet and I couldn't help but want to write about it. Soulmate au: "au where your vision is shades of your soulmate's eye color. So if they have blue eyes you see shades of blue and it stays that way until you meet them." I'm changing that just a bit, you don't see colors until you and your soulmate's eyes meet.

     This is also in your third year.

___________________________________________________________________________________

     Blue. It's all I've ever seen. My whole world is bathed in the color. The color ranges from royal blue to ice blue. I used to think the color was pretty, beautiful even, but now? Now, the color is the most boring thing to me. Don't get me wrong, others may find it pretty sometimes I do too, but you get tired of seeing the same color only in different shades. I just want to be able to see the huge variety of colors, but no, I can't, because the my jerkish soulmate hasn't bothered to show his face, or is he a she?

    I heaved a sigh as I sat up in my blue bed, well technically red bed, it only appears blue because that's the color of my soulmate's eyes. "C'mon (Y/n), get ready or you'll miss breakfast." Hermione, my close friend, scolded from her bed where she was already dressed and ready to go. I envy Hermione sometimes, her soulmate "curse", as I like to refer to them, is a watch that counts down the seconds until she meets her soulmate. But then I think twice and don't envy her, her watch has gone down into negative time. Which means she's already met her soulmate, but they didn't notice the click that every soulmate feels when the meet. 

     "Whatever you say, Mom." I replied jokingly. I sluggishly rose from my bed and slipped out of my pajamas, then pulled on my school uniform. I brushed through my hair then pulled it into a high ponytail. "C'mon Granger, we'll be late if you don't hurry up." I teased, now standing at the door to the dormitory. Hermione just rolled her eyes and got up to follow me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     I sighed as we, Hermione, Ron, Harry and I, made our way to The Defense Against The Dark Arts class. It's one of my favorite classes, but I'm extremely tired. I had stayed up very late studying for a test in Professor Snape's class.

     I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, due to laughing at a joke Ron cracked, so I ended up bumping into someone's shoulder. Me, being the polite person I am turned around to apologize, to be greeted by a Slytherin. To be more specific, the Slytherin Prince. "I'm sorry, Draco." I apologized while making eye contact, my friends stopping and waiting for me.

     I was about to turn around and continue to class, but instead I let out a rather loud gasp. Instead of seeing different shades of blue for his face I saw a pale complexion, icy blue eyes, and blonde hair. I don't believe it, I, a Gryffindor, has a Slytherin for my soulmate, the Slytherin Prince to be exact. 

     Draco himself seemed rather surprised himself. He looked at me, then at the world around him, my friends behind me, and then me again. "It would appear you're my soulmate, (L/n)." Draco stated matter of factly. "It would appear so." I agreed, dazed. I had always thought he was handsome, in a blue way, but now that I could see colors? He really is handsome.

     Hermione let out a gasp as she finally knew what was going on. "Wait, what's happening?" Ron questioned. "Draco and (Y/n) are soulmates." Hermione explained with a long suffering sigh.
"What!? Her soulmate is a Malfoy?!" Ron exclaimed. "Yeah, but they're soulmates, meaning that most of the time they'll make each other happy. And if Draco makes (Y/n) happy, I'm happy." Harry pointed out. "But still, a Malfoy?" Ron asked.

     "Yeah, a Malfoy. Now, if you excuse us, I have to walk my soulmate to class." Draco said, putting an arm around my shoulders. We brushed past my three best friends and made our way to my favorite class. I suddenly don't feel tired anymore, that whole experience was energizing enough.

{Bonus ending, with Ron, Hermione, and Harry}

     "I swear, if Draco hurts (Y/n), I'll hex 'im." Ron declared while watching the new couple walking off. "I'd be right behind you." Harry said,  adjusting his glasses. "And I suppose that I'd have to come along." Hermione sighed.