Chapter Six:

Ruka (1)

Iroh opened the door only half way and stepped half his body in. I jumped up from behind to see in the room.

"The only reason you should be interrupting me is if you have news about the avatar." I heard Zuko say in a low voice. He's not going to be happy about this.

Iroh opened the door wider and we walked into the room, I stood beside him. "Well, there is news Prince Zuko. But you might not like it. Don't get too upset."

"Uncle, you taught me that keeping a level head is a sign of a great leader. Now whatever you have to say, I'm sure I can take it." Zuko said.

I held my nose from trying not to make any noises of laughter.

"Okay then. We have no idea where he is." Iroh said simply.

The lit candles that were in front of Zuko went up in furious flames. Iroh and I shielded ourselves from the heat.

"What?!" Zuko stood up from his seat. Iroh took out his fan and started to fan himself. "You should really open a window in here."

"Give me the map." Zuko yanked the rolled paper from his uncle's hand, opening it and looking down at it.

"There have been multiple sightings of the avatar. But he is impossible to track down." Iroh then moved the fan in my direction so I could get some air. "How am I going to find him, uncle?" Zuko asked. "He is clearly a master of evasive maneuvering."

Zuko handed Iroh the map then looked to me. He grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and pulling me toward him, our faces close together. He, of course had to look down to me while I looked up to him.

"If you know where he is, this is a good time to tell me before I throw you over this ship myself." Zuko said through gritted teeth. "I already told you. I. Know. Nothing." I said in the same way.

Zuko threw me back but Iroh caught me from falling. "Leave me be. I need time to think."

"Very well, Prince Zuko. Come Ruka, let's have some nice warm tea." Iroh said, putting his hand on the small of my back and leading me out the door, closing it behind him.

>>>

The next day was filled with silence. Zuko stayed in his room all morning trying to find where Aang could be. Iroh basically slept the entire time and I just hung out on deck practicing my bending.

Of course, a navy soldier or two was standing to watch me to make sure I didn't try anything, Zuko's orders I believe. Or just common sense. The nice one let me practice on him.

Now it was lunch time and Iroh, Zuko, and I were in a room sitting at a table. I sat across from Zuko while Iroh was at the edge of us.

A man brought in a cooked fish, laying it down in the middle of Zuko and I. "Excuse me fire lord, but I have some news of the Avatar's whereabouts." He slightly bowed.

I smiled while Zuko's eyes widened. "Where is he?!

"He is currently on Kyoshi Island."

Zuko leaned over the table, "the avatar is on Kyoshi Island?!" The man nodded before walking away, but I thanked him before he left out the room.

Zuko looked to Iroh, "Uncle, ready the rhinos. He's not getting away from me this time." Zuko began to walk to the door, Iroh and I eyed the fish that was steaming. I went to reach over for it slowly while Iroh asked his nephew, "are you going to finish that?"

Zuko came back and swatted my hand away. He grabbed the plate that held the still steaming, delicious fish. "I was going to save it for later!" He turned back around and left out the door. I slumped my shoulders while Iroh pouted, crossing his arms.

I sat back up with a smile, remembering what Zuko said. "So, do I get a rhino too or what?"