7

The after party of the Spider-Man Homecoming Premier was held in a club that was also a venue. A dj played music but not club music and it was low enough so people could still understand each other. There were multiple familiar faces around this joint, and yet Evelyn had to meet plenty more. Tom mixed and mingled throughout the party thanking everyone for coming and for the support.

It was close to midnight and most of Tom's family went back to the hotel room from jet lag so it was the only two Holland brothers that Evelyn had been spending time with. Multiple people came up to Evelyn, introducing themselves and she felt sort of overwhelmed not used to so many people.

She was chatting with Zendaya, making jokes with champagne flutes in each of their hands. Soon Laura and Tony joined in, they were all laughing and Evelyn swayed her hips slightly to the beat.

"Excuse me I have to go to the restroom."  Evelyn excused herself, setting her flute of alcohol on one of the trays that servers came around with.

"Oh Evelyn!" She heard her name being called from Tom. She spotted him at one of the high top tables by the bar with a girl. Curious, she strides her way over there wondering who the blonde was.

"Hey Tom." She softly said looking at the back of the girl who was talking to him.

"This is Alexis." He introduced the two beauties to each other. Alexis turned around to Evie, and Evie was shocked at the beauty of this girl and her fit form. She wore a nude bodycon dress and black pumps.

"Evelyn." She smiled at the girl shaking her hand.

"My name's Alexis, I'm a model. So are you like an actor or something?" Her nasally voice with a valley girl accent with her obnoxious gum chewing irritated Evelyn but she quickly shrugged it off wanting to be nice. Although Evelyn wasn't pleased with this girls ego she once again pushed it aside.

"Umm no actually still in school." I spoke.

"Oh." She said disinterested, her eyes scanning Evelyn up and down in a judgmental way. As if Evelyn's status didn't seem good enough.

"So like if you're still in school why are you here?" Her dumb question almost Evelyn roll her eyes so hard that they might've gotten stuck.

"Well it's summer, and Tom's one of my best friends." Evelyn replied to her in a polite manner giving Tom a look.

"Hmmm, you and him? Friends?" She asked in shock. Pointing in between the two best friends. Evie nodded her head as Tom didn't want to answer that question. A frown came upon Evelyn's face as hurt ran across her whole body.

"Excuse me please." She spoke, turning on her heel to go to the restrooms.

The night progressed and by two in the morning, not many people were there and Evelyn was sitting in one of the chairs alone. Her last encounter with Tom was hours ago when he introduced her to his new love interest.

The blonde and Tom stuck together the whole night, as Evelyn had to socialize on her own with various different kinds of people. But she was fine, she couldn't depend on Tom forever could she.

"Hey stranger." Evelyn turned her head up to Harry who had approached the side of her chair.

"Hi Harry." She smiled as he sat down next to her.

"Fun night isn't it?" He asked and she slowly nodded her head. She wasn't gonna let a snooty valley girl ruin her night.

"Have you talked to Tom?" He asked her and she shook her head this time.

"You?"

"Nope."

"He's been with that Alexis girl the whole night." Evelyn commented.

"She's smoking hot." Evelyn rolled her eyes at the teenage boy's statement.

"But she's lowball annoying." He added.

"Amen to that."

_____________________

Evelyn woke up that morning to Tom busting through her room. Happy as a dog on a beach.

"Evelyn!" He shrieked throwing a pillow at the sleeping girl.

"What do you want." She mumbled.

"I got her number!"

She sat straight up in her bed staring at the excited boy.

"Whose?!"

"Fuckin Alexis'! She said she wanted to get lunch sometime or somethin!"  He exclaimed.

Evelyn's heart hurt. Another girl that would push her aside. It was prone to happen soon too.

"Good job Tom." She fake smiled at him, pretending to be genuinely happy for him.

"I mean I might be getting ahead of myself here but do you think her and I would work out?"

"Tom you're still on press tour." I simply stated swinging my legs off of the bed.

"So?! I'll just bring her with or I'll see her on my free days!"

"Tom you just met the girl last night."

"Ever heard of love at first sight."

Evelyn's back was to him, and you could almost hear the sound of her heart snapping. Tears brimmed her eyes but she pushed them away.

"She's just so pretty, her blonde hair, blue eyes. God I could stare at her all day."

Everything Evelyn didn't have and beat herself up about it almost everyday. Ever since the age of fifteen where she went to an all girls school and the prettiest girls had the same features as Alexis.

"Should I call her?" He asked following Evie into her bathroom.

"I mean I guess if you really like this girl." She spoke with no emotion.

"Are you okay Ev?" Tom asked the hurting girl.

"Yeah I'm great, just tired." She spoke, covering up the sadness that was layered in her voice.