Chapter 49 - Kita

Sorry everyone, for the what-seemed-to-be-centuries delay. Issues kept popping up, I hope you'll understand. Also, I'll try to update more from now on. Also, some strong language here and there this chapter. I sincerely hope you all still like the story even though it's been so long.

Silver

______________________________________

He looked at me with a tired look in his eyes.

"Go buy some food".

Without even so much as a second glance, he shoved 2 Copper coins in my hands.

I didn't even blink at the meager amount of money as I left the pub and walked through the busy streets to look for some old stall owners.

After a while, I found an old couple who ran a fruit stall in a small side alley.

As usual, I activated my Skills [Bargaining], [Charm] and [Negotiation Arts Advanced].

I started to slightly limp while holding my stomach as I slowly walked in front of the stall. 

"Mis-...mister, please... I only... only have a Copper, please... some food..."

While looking at me in pity, the stall owner picked up some apples and a few berries before stretching out his hand with the food in it.

"Here you are little girl, leave the Copper coin, you can have this".

I reached out my hand to grab it, but suddenly, I felt something was wrong. I hastily retracted my arm while activating [Nimble Feet].

The gentle looking old man and his wife suddenly threw away their clothes as a leather uniform was revealed beneath it. 

At a speed which was a lot faster than mine, the two city guards started to chase me. My feet flew beneath me as I crossed the city's small alleys as fast as possible. 

*****

"Kid, you know using skills to receive benefits when trading is forbidden inside the city walls. You better explain yourself or you'll receive the maximum penalty".

The middle-aged man had a serious look on his face as he tried to know my motive for my 'crime'.

'Sh*t!! It was just some cheap food, what's your problem!? You want me to rip open your throat and pull out your lungs and stab out your eyes and pull out your ribs?!!!' (AN: for those still unaware after the hint in chapter 46, lil' Kita has a...  more agressive side)

Of course, I couldn't do anything because I was tied to a chair, but I really wanted to beat the guy. I couldn't stand his friendly-looking face. Still, I needed to maintain my little girl facade.

"Uncle, I was just really hungry, I didn't mean to do anything wrong..."

While sounding wronged, I put on a look like I was scared. There were even some tears starting to well up from the corners of my eyes.

*********

Acting.
It sounded easy in many people's ears, but to actually pull it off flawlessly was extremely difficult.

From as soon as I can remember, I've been much more mature as others of my age. But no one likes a child that's too smart.
I was still small but I realized that.

So I started to act. Like a regular child. Suppressing my actual self as much as possible.
But due to that, I sometimes am in conflict with myself. Because I don't always know who my real self is anymore.

The friendly child Kita. Or the agressive, cunning Kita.

I don't know anymore.

**********