Chapter 12

Later that day I go to Wade's house after I got a call from him that he has some new info about Lana's ex

Later that day I go to Wade's house after I got a call from him that he has some new info about Lana's ex. He sounded very proud of himself and when I get there he's already waiting for me outside, smoking. He has a beer in his hand and another one ready for me, a big grin on his face.

He starts as soon as I am close enough to hear him. "Hey baby brother, you won't believe what I found out! Me and Clyde went to check out the address, and guess what? Clyde knows the guy! Turns out the little shit is some college kid that buys from him regularly. Wasn't that often at first but these days he calls him two, three times a week. Did Lana ever mention him having an issue like that?"

I shake my head, what the hell do I know? "No, she doesn't talk about him at all, only that they broke up." I light a cigarette too as Wade continues.

"Anyway, we are in luck because I was told he's coming for his shit tonight. The plan is to wait for him, give him a little scare... I bet he'll give us anything without any protest after that. Clyde said he'll call a friend."

"Wouldn't the three of us be enough to scare some kid?"

"You never can be too sure. But that's not it, Clyde won't be with us for that part. Bad for business he said. We'll make it look like he has nothing to do with it. That's why he called that friend of his, to go instead. Said he's not from around here but that they are friends from way back when they were kids. So we got nothing to worry about if things go down somehow. If the kid turns out to be more stupid than expected or, you know, I might get tired." His smirk getting bigger.

I decide to ask him. It bugs me all day long. "What's up with all the good will anyway?"

"What do you mean?" He looks confused.

"You don't do shit for people, not without them paying. What's your angle here? You trying to get in her pants or something?"

Wade chuckles at that. "I already got in her pants."

I shot him a look. Not funny.

He doesn't even pause though. "I wouldn't mind if she'd let me into them panties too. But no. That's not it."

"What then?"

He looks like he's thinking about the answer and he sighs in the end. "It's nothing alright? I just thought I'd try to not to give her shit like you asked."

I take the last drag and put the smoke down. "Yeah, right, whatever. Don't tell me then, I don't give a fuck."

"Sure you don't." He chuckles again.

Just then we see Clyde's car pulling up. He gets out and with him a huge black guy.

I look to Wade who has a deep frown on his face which slowly transforms to the biggest grin. There is the brother I recognize. Shit! He's yelling at them before I have a chance to do anything.