#58. On Screen » Chris

I tried resting my eyes as the hair stylist yanked at my hair to get it to stay just the way he wanted it. Early morning shots were the worst, especially if you made the mistake of staying up all night the night before, like I had.

I heard the door to the hair and makeup trailer open and I opened one eye. My co-star and on screen love interest, Chris Evans, was now sitting in the chair beside me. We looked at each other through the mirror (as the hair stylist got mad at me for turning my head) and smiled as a "hello".

Finally, the work on me was done and the work on Chris was just starting. I told Chris I'd see him on set and left the trailer. That's how most of my interactions with Chris were going lately. It's not that we didn't like each other or anything, we were both just slightly awkward. We had only started filming for our movie a few days ago, and Chris and I had zero time to get to know each other, despite the fact that we were playing love interests.

I walked to set, looking over my script as I did so. Our first scene was being shot on location at a park. The park was closed down, but people were still lined up in hopes of seeing whatever was being filmed. Once I was spotted, there were screams and people calling my name. I smiled and waved at the fans. I wasn't allowed to go take pictures or sign autographs, as much as I wished I could.

"Which scene is this?" I asked the director. He had told me a dozen times, but I decided to keep asking just to get on his nerves.

The director and I were actually pretty close friends. It was part of the reason I got the role. The other part was obviously my audition and the fact that the casting directors also liked me.

He rolls his eyes. "It's the park date scene that turns into a make out session. You know this."

Of course I knew this. Like I said, I had asked him a dozen times. Also, it was the scene in which Chris and I would be getting extremely intimate for the first time.

Here's what the movie is, if you're wondering; Chris and I are playing characters named Amanda and Warren. Amanda is a high school drop out trying to turn her life around by going back to school while also juggling a job she can't stand, bills, and a family who have basically turned their back on her, while Warren is a former heir to his father's empire until his mother and father basically exiled them from the family for whatever reason and is now trying to make it on his own without his family's money. The two meet up and decide to help one another, but, of course, they start to fall in love. There's many trials and tribulations to their relationship, but in the end they do end up together.

The scene we were about to film was their "first date" scene. In the scene, Amanda was teaching Warren how to take a girl on a normal date that didn't involve a lot of money or fancy places, and was to end off with a make out session right there in the middle of the park. A lucky watching fan was about to be picked as the extra who was going to break the scene up.

I sat down on the picnic blanket that was placed out with the picnic foods spread across it. I sighed with relief knowing it was real food. I was starving.

It was early in the morning, which means perfect lighting. The sun was rising and almost at it's peak in the sky. By the time we were to start filming, and finish all the repeat scenes and whatnot, it would be late afternoon, which would be the correct time in the movie.

Chris walked out of the hair and makeup trailer and was also met by thunderous screams of excitement. He waved to the crowd as he made his way over to me and sat down next to me on the blanket.

"So, listen," he started. "I know this is going to be awkward where we haven't exactly talked much, but I was hoping to get to know you a bit more before we film more of these scenes."